Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
china gymnastics

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pocky excreter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:31 pm
does anyone think that china for gymnastics in the olympics are to young?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:39 pm
yea! i heard somethin about that they lied that they were 16 or somethin idk stupid rumor?  

Eli_dude2

M e e G g y

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:36 pm
Eli_dude2
yea! i heard somethin about that they lied that they were 16 or somethin idk stupid rumor?

Yeah, a 13 year old girl lied and told everyone that she's 16. If it hadn't been for that, they could of gotten the gold.
Too bad, I thought China did very well.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:08 pm
No I don't think so. They worked very hard to compete in the olympics. USA's exersices could not even compare to what the chinese do. I think they deserve to be in the olympics.
And does it really matter that much how old you are? they're still teenagers/young adults.  

xXTsubasaNoHikariXx

Hyonni

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:54 pm
I don't quite understand what's wrong with letting someone underaged compete. If a 13 year old can beat a 20 year old, why not let her do that?

Oh and FYI, China won 3 golds so far in gymnastics; 1 in men's individual, by Wei Yang; 1 for the men's team of China; and 1 for the women's team of China.

They were NOT disqualified.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:37 pm
Hyonni
I don't quite understand what's wrong with letting someone underaged compete. If a 13 year old can beat a 20 year old, why not let her do that?

Oh and FYI, China won 3 golds so far in gymnastics; 1 in men's individual, by Wei Yang; 1 for the men's team of China; and 1 for the women's team of China.

They were NOT disqualified.

i think there is a reason y there is an age limit because younger kids have more flexible bones than older adults or teens  

pocky excreter

DuMaKenshinXD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:32 pm
hell, i don't even think there 13....

THEY FRIGGIN LOOK 6 to 10

i swear, the smallest girl on the team is like 6  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:34 am
it isn't fair that every other country played by the rules, while China gets to do whatever they wanted. i'm sure that other countries would have entered 13/14 year olds too if they were allowed too, but they didn't because they wanted to obey the rules and be FAIR to everyone else.

it's like giving out a test. u either let ALL of the student use notes or NONE of them use notes.  

HentaiTentacleDemon

Questionable Lover

Jelai

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:20 am
GOODNESS.
First the fake fireworks.
Then the lip-synching in replacement for a more 'perfect' girl.
Then the upside-down flag that was being carried by the little boy who was marching next to Yao Ming.
and now THIS???

What's next, China!? More disillusionment!?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:38 pm
I really think the IOC should further investigate on this. D:
But It seems everyone is trying to dodge this topic,
while it's obvious something seems wrong.  

Ralphiie

The Royal Muse

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:03 pm
ya, china's made a lot of mistakes this olympics but you have to admit that even though they are younger than the age requirements they are REALLY good especially for being that young. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:24 pm
Why do you hate china so much?

China just wants you to think that they have a great country because they have so many mistakes. They don't want people to think that they're country is dirt and have a lot of dirty houses/apartments. They don't want to embaress themselves in front of the enitre world.

Why can't you just let them be how ever they want they're country to be?
Does everything have to be perfect and realistic?  

xXTsubasaNoHikariXx

MizukiLee

Friendly Explorer

5,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:04 pm
bloodkitten693
Why do you hate china so much?

China just wants you to think that they have a great country because they have so many mistakes. They don't want people to think that they're country is dirt and have a lot of dirty houses/apartments. They don't want to embaress themselves in front of the enitre world.

Why can't you just let them be how ever they want they're country to be?
Does everything have to be perfect and realistic?
China wants the world to see how perfect and flawless they are (hence the lip-sync, edited-fake fireworks..) It's okay to have some flaws sometimes, even in big events like the olympics. Say, I'd still be impressed if that "ugly" girl came on to sing at the entrance ceremony or if the fireworks were real. I mean, even just looking at the whole stadium of China is pretty impressive. But China is just pushing it.

If you're talking about how everything doesn't have to be perfect or in perfection, tell that to the Chinese.

Oh yeah. I don't hate China, the country and the people. But I find it really irritating sometimes when they use certain methods to make things "perfect".

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games