Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
A lot of people getting hacked....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yang-chan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:09 am
I never give out information to anyone. How do I know if my password and pin# are secure enough?? What's the best way to avoid being hacked?

All these people getting hacked scares me. I don't want to be a victim gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:44 am
Well, statistically, most people aren't being hacked. A majority of the people who claim to be hacked were either sharing accounts with someone, or ended up giving out information and was scammed out of an account. As far as keeping your information safe goes... As long as you continue not sharing with anyone, your account should be fine. If you're extremely worried about it, you could change your password to a word or phrase in another language.

Bruteforcers involve word lists that are usually in english and involve one or two word phrases, so anything bigger then that, or not in english rules that method out. If you aren't using any sort of program to aid you in game, that rules key loggers out. Even if there was a security flaw within the game itself, your information is still secure. Since most of the character information is kept on a separate hard drive and only temporarily pulled to the server to load character data.

So basically, don't be careless and share your info and you should be fine. (:

~Peace and Love~  

Indisgression

Familiar Gaian

Rinesia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:37 am
Indisgression
Well, statistically, most people aren't being hacked. A majority of the people who claim to be hacked were either sharing accounts with someone, or ended up giving out information and was scammed out of an account. As far as keeping your information safe goes... As long as you continue not sharing with anyone, your account should be fine. If you're extremely worried about it, you could change your password to a word or phrase in another language.

Bruteforcers involve word lists that are usually in english and involve one or two word phrases, so anything bigger then that, or not in english rules that method out. If you aren't using any sort of program to aid you in game, that rules key loggers out. Even if there was a security flaw within the game itself, your information is still secure. Since most of the character information is kept on a separate hard drive and only temporarily pulled to the server to load character data.

So basically, don't be careless and share your info and you should be fine. (:

~Peace and Love~

Maple Story

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces