Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Revising membership questionnaire?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Think we need to revise our membership questionnaire?
  YES, for the love of mike!
  No, change is scary!
View Results

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:16 am
I don't know about you guys, but when I read over the membership questionnaires as an admin, I get BORED. Seriously, the questions just don't seem to be all that useful. Look at them again:

Why you think this guild is the place for you?

EVERY single answer to this question boils down to "because I want to lose weight, and I need some support that I'm not getting from the people in my real/offline life."

What habits you need to change?

EVERY answer boils down to "eat less, exercise more."

How you would support other members or contribute to the guild?

EVERY answer boils down to "give ideas, listen, be supportive/encouraging."

Ideal BMI (It should be in a healthy range, if you are aiming to be below a healthy BMI this is not the place for you)

Guess what? BMI is a ratio, not an exact number. Ideal numbers are, what, 15 to 25? something like that. Everybody has the exact same "ideal range" of body fat percentage as everybody else of their gender: Men should be 7% to 12% body fat, while women should be 13% to 19% body fat.

In other words, these questions aren't asking for anything that we don't already know, just by the fact that we are interested in belonging to a guild centered on the theme of weight loss/control.

Why don't we come up with a better questionnaire? I've got some ideas; I'll post about them in the next post.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:23 am
Proposed new questions -- Your suggestions will be credited to you.

Are you trying to lose weight, or maintain your current weight after reaching your healthy weight range?

What diet/exercise plans have you tried, or are trying currently?

Have you consulted a doctor regarding your weight control plans, or are you flying solo?

What are your current weight and your ideal weight? (Optional -- you don't have to tell us if you're uncomfortable naming exact numbers.)

(From Lady Schist) Are you currently under any specific dietary restrictions (allergies, religious, vegetarian, diabetic, et cetera)? If so, what are they?  

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Statistical Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:16 pm
I like your proposed questions-Maybe a question about why the person would like to lose weight would be beneficial? You know, so the rest of a guild has a better idea about what motivates a specific person. Just a thought.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:06 pm
I think some great questions would revolve around a person's usual dietary standards. Everyone's different. I'm fat and a vegetarian, others I know are large and not. It's all different.  

Lady Schist

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:04 am
Statistical Anomaly
I like your proposed questions-Maybe a question about why the person would like to lose weight would be beneficial? You know, so the rest of a guild has a better idea about what motivates a specific person. Just a thought.

Since the first question asks whether you're trying to lose weight, or simply maintain it, and since your question asks why you're trying to lose (making the assumption that only losing weight is important, rather than maintaining), I'm kinda iffy about adding it.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games