Anthropomorphic Personifications of your Anxieties

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:59 am
So I'm curious, does anyone else find that their subconcious presents their anxieties and confidences in the form of anthropomorphic personification?
For example, myself, I have frightening bi-polar ego, which rages between; "I AM THE MUTHA ********' GAWD YO!" and "I'm just another piece of worthless human trash!" but each of these steps, for some reason is represented in my mind by a quasi-interactive anthropomorphic personification, in which I am able to maintain a base level of sub-concious and even to a degree concious communication as a matter to help lower my ego to acceptable levels or to allow me to dig myself out of a rut.

The personifications are represented by two figures
Ego - A very handsome incarnation of me, a representation of what I could become
Self-Doubt - A tragically goth incarnation of the absinthe fairy in a PVC mini-dress (Gee, not that I have ever had a problem with the demon drink)

So my question is, does anyone else deal with their ego and self-doubt in this manner and if so, what are the personifications?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:46 pm
How shall this question be answered? I will answer for the whole, cohesive person.

For some reason, I picture them all as male.

Ego: I basically imagine him as a tall man with a leather trench coat, long blond hair, who wears all black. He's also pretty schizoid. We share some level of conscious communication so that we can moderate each other. He's closer to what I am than anything else (because I am I and I am my ego because my ego has what I am in it).

Super-ego: Nothing. Just a voice. Often goes ignored.

Id: You know those rooms they put criminals in when they interrogate them? Yah, he’s sitting in one of those. I don't know what he looks like, he sits in the shadows. All I know is that his hair is shoulder length and flips up at the end. I highly suspect this thing is responsible for my intrusive thoughts. By normal standards, he’s insane, immoral, and cold. He doesn’t really care about anything accept getting what he wants and doesn’t even know why he does things. He's the kind of person you want to lock up forever, he's what I'm afraid of becoming. And he's sociopathic to a degree.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:25 am
If my Ego and Self-Doubt were people I guess my Ego would be me at my most confident, flirtatious and best-looking and my Self-Doubt would be me at my lonliest, darkest and probably ugliest.

For the most part I'm happy, confident and flirtatious anyway.
xd  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:21 pm
Rellik San
The personifications are represented by two figures
Ego - A very handsome incarnation of me, a representation of what I could become
Self-Doubt - A tragically goth incarnation of the absinthe fairy in a PVC mini-dress (Gee, not that I have ever had a problem with the demon drink)

So my question is, does anyone else deal with their ego and self-doubt in this manner and if so, what are the personifications?

In a manner I do.
While I've not associated them with any particular portion of my psyche, I do have anthropomorphic personifications of personality aspects in my head. Generally it's the 'angel/devil' on the shoulder. The angel being a 'person' named Saruiel, and the devil Raziel.
Saruiel looks sort of like a female version of what Ishida from Bleach might look like. Acts a bit like him too, despise having been invented before I even knew about the show.
Raziel is (since I already did one anime comparison) Alucard from Hellsing.
Not so much in looks as in the '******** the world' ideal. He's pretty much the Joker from the most recent Batman movie, but with less of a tendency towards violence.

In addition, I have various other personifications I'll consult for bits of internal wisdom when I want to make a more difficult decision.

Typically, when I'm 'meeting' one of them it'll be in one of the 'places' I meditate in. It's a cool, abandoned gothic church linked to a graveyard.
Either that or on a floating rock in the middle of a abyss. If you ever watched Teen Titans a few years back, it's basically what's in Raven's head.

Fun stuff.  

DieiNoctis

Keevan Draco

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:56 pm
using Wraith's layout a bit....

Ego: it bounces between albert einstein, and animal from the muppets.

super-ego: batman.....dont' know why, but he's always in the background when i'm feeling particulary smug.

Id: the joker, hands down, is the darker side of me.

Sub-Id: somewhere I never want to return to ever again. I saw the evil side of me with demon eyes, just myself.....with evil demon eyes and a huge cheshire grin telling me to go on and just do it. inner demons my a**...this thing was monsterous, and to think i met him face to face in my darkest hours.....*shudder*....  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:17 pm
KeevanSixx

super-ego: batman.....dont' know why, but he's always in the background when i'm feeling particulary smug.

Sub-Id: somewhere I never want to return to ever again. I saw the evil side of me with demon eyes, just myself.....with evil demon eyes and a huge cheshire grin telling me to go on and just do it. inner demons my a**...this thing was monsterous, and to think i met him face to face in my darkest hours.....*shudder*....
He's the dark side in everyone I think....That's why so many people love the movie, they relate deep down in the dark, unexplored part of their minds....

Gah. stressed Ever since I saw the movie his voice is now stuck in my head...I think his voice replaced my id's voice. eek  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:23 pm
XWraith_LordX
KeevanSixx

He's the dark side in everyone I think....That's why so many people love the movie, they relate deep down in the dark, unexplored part of their minds....

Gah. stressed Ever since I saw the movie his voice is now stuck in my head...I think his voice replaced my id's voice. eek

I don't think that, I think the Joker and Batman are meant to represent a world without and a world with rules, not nesaceraly a dark side and a light side as one would say.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:22 am
you're probably right Rellik, but the joker in my head looks more like the one from the animated series and not the new movie. More a stylized version (huge grin, white face, slightly crazed look) with all the same quirks of the clown prince of crime.

Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
KeevanSixx

I don't think that, I think the Joker and Batman are meant to represent a world without and a world with rules, not nesaceraly a dark side and a light side as one would say.

Keevan Draco

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:58 pm
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
KeevanSixx

I didn't really mean a dark side/light side thing. I meant everyone has a little potential for a little insanity in them....and his character taps into that. ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:39 am
I have several sides that I have given names and everything to, and the way i find out what they look like is I just draw them (anime style) and see how they come out.

The first two, Yami Akumu and Hikari Yume, are Light and Darkness (not good and evil) and they're both wolf girls. That's because when you think of wolves, you either think of a Lone wolf, and or pack of wolves that always stick together. Yami is the lone wolf, and Hikari is the wolf that runs with the pack, but other than that and their appearance, they have no other wolf-like qualities.

The next one was Hanako-chan who, dispite her cute name, is a pretty tough Tomboy.

Sakura Tsukino was next. She's the one who's confident and loves to perform. She has pink hair and wears a lot of pink that shows a lot of her body, and also black cat ears and a tail.

The most recent, and most dominant, one is Pamela. Pamla is also my first name, but I've always gone by my middle name, Brooke. Pamela is fierce, protective, a little smug about some things, and hates both peop[le who take advantage of others and people who let themselves be taken advantage of (she gets very annoyed with me and hates my fiance...). She was the first thing I drew when I started drawing again, and I was surprised at how good she turned out.

xXYami no KokoroXx

AdrianaKitten

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:40 pm
If my ego's were people... idea
Super High Ego - Confident, confusing, calm, makes a lot of mean or uncomfortable remarks and is a nymphomaniac who uses her body for everything especially mental torture. She's probably smarter than me xd
She looks like me wearing office lady/dominatrix clothing.
AdrianaKitten - Quite happy and energetic and airhead-ish. Nice above all. 3nodding
Super Low Ego - She is so quiet and doesn't move much. Every now and then she'll start silently crying and might randomly scream or wail. She looks like a wreck in an old night gown. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:43 pm
Based on Freud's theory on the structure and development of personality, I would think along the lines of;

id: Present at birth. The id operates according to the pleasure principle i.e. it seeks pleasure and avoids pain. If we want to do a particular thing we will do it.

Ego: The ego has to decide between the demands of the id and the superego. It operates according to the reality principle. It controls the id's drive for immediate satisfaction.

super-ego: This is the moral part of the personality. The super ego is divided into two parts; the ego-ideal and the conscience. The ego-ideal is the standards of good behaviour, the conscience is seen as an "inner voice" that tells us when we have done something wrong; depending on whether the ego-ideal or conscience is activated, The superego is seen as the source of rewards and of punishments respectively.

Example: if we are in a lesson and we want to go to sleep, we go to sleep. However the ego would reason that there is no bed here but I could lay on the table. Despite this, your superego would say that you cannot possibly go to sleep in a middle of a lesson.

For me, my id is personified in myself when I end up having arguments with my brother. I don't care how much I hurt him, as long as I prove him wrong at every possible chance I'm happy. (Unfortunately, my mother backs my brother up and if I say anything that contradicts him I get yelled at, grounded, made to do everything around the house etc).

And also, apparently a little like a baby-goth. Looks totally sweet and inncoent, but is not something you cross as you catch the wrong end of their temper; thing sbeing thrown at you, being shouted at, temper tantrums, the cold shoulder...all that sort of thing.

I'm still trying to figure out the other two. I'll edit my post when I figure them out. I've never really thought about it to be honest.  

broken_joker

Extended Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff