Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Warriors Guild

Back to Guilds

HEY WARRIORS GUILD MEMBERS AND FANS! WE HAVE MOVED TO DEVIANTART! http://www.deviantart.com/the-warriors-guild AS OF 2019 WE ARE ACTIVE!!!! 

Tags: Warriors, Erin Hunter, Warrior Cats 

Reply Elder Stories (Fanfictions)
Snowkit, A Deaf Thunderclan Kit Readthrough

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are ya gonna read it or not? If you haven't, stop reading the poll question and get to it!
Yes I've read it, I love it! *walks over to other thread and starts typing*
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Nope. Haven't read it. Don't feel like it. Sorry! o.0
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
That's what I'm here for! *starts reading*
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
It's radical duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!! Peace.
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

JellyfishSpine

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:43 am
Snowkit, a Deaf Thunderclan Kit:
Written by the members of The Warriors Guild
Idea thought up by Eagleheart_of_Moonclan
Typed up and edited by MagnificentMeghan

We all know about Snowkit, Specktail's deaf son who was carried off by a hawk and presumed dead. But what if he didn’t die? What if he wasn’t eaten and he escaped?

In a blink of and eye Snowkit went from playing with a ball of moss to being 10 feet in the air with his mom trying to save him. "Mama! Help me!" He cried as his mother was clawing for him but the Hawk threw her off. "Mama, Mama!" He cried as he was being taken away. He was flying over Highstones when he was dropped into a nest with a baby hawk and the mother flew away. The baby hawk tried to attack him but he killed it by scratching at its eyes with his tiny kit claws. He heard a voice calling his name, "Snowkit, Snowkit!" How can I hear? Snowkit thought confused. He saw a powerful looking golden tom with frost in his fur and stars in his eyes. "Who... who are you?" Snowkit said scared. "I...am Lionheart. A warrior of Thunderclan who was killed in a battle with Shadowclan." Lionheart said, his eyes clouding with the memories of his past. "Why can I hear you?" Snowkit asked, still confused. "Because I come from Starclan. Do you know what Starclan is?" Lionheart said, matter-of-factly. Oh boy... another cat who thinks I'm mouse brained cuz I’m deaf. "Yeah, even the tiniest kit knows what Starclan is." Snowkit said stubbornly. Lionheart let out a Mrrow of laughter. "We better get going before that hawk comes back." Lionheart said as he padded behind an outcropping in the mountain. "Wait, come back! Where are you going?" Snowkit cried as he ran after him. "Just follow me." Lionheart said not looking back. They entered a cave in the mountain. They padded a long way and it got dark so he had to use his senses to follow Lionheart's scent. Then the light grew stronger and he rounded a corner and he saw a magnificent shining light. "Put your nose to the rock, you will fall asleep." "Okay..." Snowkit said awkwardly and he put his nose to the moonstone and fell asleep. When he woke he was surrounded by shining cats. "Hello Snowkit." They all said but it sounded as if only one cat was speaking. "What brings you here?" They asked. "Some cat named Lion...sumthin." Snowkit said, astonished at all the cats surrounding him. "Do you mean Lionheart?" The said with laughter in their eyes. "Yea...I think..." Snowkit said embarrassed. A beautiful tortoiseshell she-cat came padding up to him. "Hello, young Snowkit. I am Spottedleaf. I was Thunderclan's medicine cat long before you were born. I was killed by a cat named Clawface while I defended kits." Spottedleaf said sadly, as if she couldn’t believe she couldn’t defend the kits. "Okay..." Snowkit said annoyed. I really don’t care...I just want to know why I’m here. "You are here because you almost died and we are here to show you the way back." Spottedleaf said, as if she read Snowkit's mind. "Well...what if I don’t wanna go back. They always treated me differently just cuz I was deaf." Snowkit said aggravated, letting all his anger out that he couldn’t let out in Thunderclan. Spottedleaf put her nose to Snowkit's head and he felt a warm sensation in his ears. "Now you can go back to Thunderclan and I promise that you won’t be made fun of." She said as the rest of the starry cats started to disappear. She bent down and licked Snowkit and then disappeared herself. He woke up to see Lionheart getting up and stretching next to him. Crazy she-cat...I can't go back to Thunderclan. I can’t take the ridicule, not anymore! "We'd better get you back to Thunderclan." He heard Lionheart say. "I can’t go back. I'm gonna be ridiculed again!" Snowkit said stamping his little paw on the ground in rage. "They won’t ridicule you. Let's get out of here." Lionheart said already padding away. Snowkit sighed and padded after him. They soon were out of the cave and into the rapidly falling night. But something was wrong. So much sound... Sound? I can hear! "Lionheart! I can hear! I’m not deaf!" Snowkit said happily. He did a little dance. "Great. Now you can go back to Thunderclan." Lionheart said happily. "I don’t wanna! They hate me cuz I’m deaf. I wanna go to the twolegplace. Nobody knows me there." Lionheart gave Snowkit a cold stare, "You are going home, they miss you, two legers are no better, they will make you lazy, and then you will get lonely." Snowkit simply stated "I’m not gonna live with a twoleg. I've heard about a clan of cats that lives there and I’ll go and join them." Lionheart pined down Snowkit, "A warrior cat?!? What is the clan’s name?"
Lionheart hissed. Snowkit struggled underneath the massive tom's weight. "I...I don’t know...I heard a few kittypets talking about them. They said 'There's a clan in the streets, like them ones in the forest.' Since they sounded like our clans I thought it would be okay." Snowkit said gasping for breath. "No!" Lionheart said "I forbid you to join Bloodclan!!" "It's called... buh...buh... Bloodclan?!?!" Snowkit cowered in fear. "Yes young kit, it is." Lionheart said mysteriously, hoping that the young kit will soon stop bothering him and go home to his mom. "Yeah well, can you get off me?" Snowkit struggled against his weight. "I have places to go things to do..." Snowkit said matter-of-factly. Lionheart was amused. "Oh really?" Snowkit stared at him with a straight face "Yes really." Lionheart laughed, "Calm down little one" He said "But you really need to go back to your parents. They miss you terribly and have just recently stopped looking for you... and gone into mourning. If only you could see your mom now... so sad..." Lionheart said sadly. "I don’t need to do anything. If I go back they won’t believe that I’m not deaf anymore anyway." Snowkit complained. I should go to Windclan, Fireheart says that Tallstar is nice. Snowkit thought convincing himself. Yes I’ll do that! I'm sure they'll take a kit in... No clan is so heartless that they won’t take in a helpless kit...except for maybe Shadowclan. "You can't go to Windclan! You have to go back to Thunderclan!" Lionheart pleaded. Grr...I hate how they can read my mind. "I’m going to Windclan and that’s final!" Snowkit said convincingly. "I have nothing to do with Thunderclan now! Now...take me to the Windclan camp! Lionheart growled. "WindClan will know you are ThunderClan. They will take you back to your true home," he warned. "I'll roll in Fox Dung, or Mouse Bile, or something! I don’t care! Just take me to the camp!" Snowkit said, getting aggravated. This is what he was talking about when people were treating him differently. Lionheart glared down at Snowkit, "Go back home little one! Starclan will not allow you to just cruelly let your parents suffer, where ever you go we will come to guide you home, If you try to go to windclan, we will tell Tallstar to send any wandering kit wishing to join their clan away in the direction of thunderclan, and to make sure the kit gets there. I have to go now, just touching you tired me out, and I am needed in starclan, Remember kit we're watching you." Lionheart stepped back, and then disappeared into thin air. There watching me huh? Well I’ll just go somewhere they can't watch me! Snowkit then turned and padded away from the highstones. Are all the cats crazy in Starclan? First that she-cat...Spotted...sumthin, saying I wont be made fun of...if I’m not made fun of for being deaf, I’m gonna be made fun of for been taken off by a stupid hawk. And now Lionheart "There watching me ooh!!" What ever! He thought with a flick of his tail as he headed off for Windclan. Lionheart glared down from Starclan, "What do you think we should do Spottedleaf should we warn Tallstar?" Growled Lionheart, Spottedleaf purred "Let him be, if he wants a shot at another clan, then let him, but we might have to change him a little so his parents don't recognize him.” Lionheart gave Spottedleaf a disbelieving look. Spottedleaf looked at Lionheart, and gave a murrow of laughter, "What?" Lionheart shook his head, and stalked off grumbling under his breath. Spottedleaf gave another murrow of laughter "what can I say? I have a soft spot for kits." So Snowkit started off to wind clan. Snowkit trudged up the hill, Is it just me? Or is my fur getting heavier? Snowkit looked down and saw that his fur had grown, and it had changed colors. But. . .how? Snowkit shook his head, well never mind that I have to get to windclan before anything happens! "Spottedleaf!" Exclaimed Lionheart. "What have you done?" "Like I said before!" Purred Spottedleaf. "We might need to change Snowkit so at gatherings his parents won’t recognize him! Oh please don't be mad Lionheart, it's what he wants, we shouldn't interfere with that!" "Maybe..." Lionheart thought undecided. "But he can't stay in Windclan forever... he has to fulfill his destiny...and he can not do it within the realm of the clans." Snowkit arrived in Windclan territory. He smelled some Fox Dung close by. I can’t believe I’m doing this! He thought disgusted. But anything to keep them from sending me back there! He thought as he laid down and began to roll in the dung. It was sticky and smelled disgusting. A windclan patrol came up "He wows" Snowkit mumbled he shook his fur, ugh! I smell disgusting! Hey! There's a patrol! Snowkit got up, he practiced a pathetic purr for a moment, and then hurried over to the surprised patrol. Snowkit approached the patrol and "collapsed" at their paws. "Help. I’m so hungry! My mom kicked me out and I have no where to go. I’m so tired. Please. I just need a place to rest." Snowkit pleaded, trying his best to look hungry and scared.
Deadfoot was leading the patrol with Onewhisker and Mudclaw. "We should take him back to the camp." Deadfoot said to the others. "He's just a kit, after all." They agreed and Mudclaw went ahead to tell Tallstar. "What's your name, little one?" Deadfoot asked Snowkit. If I use my clan name they might know I’m from Thunderclan. "I'm...I'm Dusk." Snowkit said trying to act sheepish. "I'm Onewhisker, and this is Deadfoot." Onewhisker said with a nod to is fellow warrior. "We are warriors of Windclan." Deadfoot added. "Wind.......clan? ...what’s Wind...clan?" Snowkit asked, trying to sound confused, although he knew what Windclan was. "Windclan is a large group of cats who live on the moor and eat rabbits. There is also Thunderclan, who live in the woods. Riverclan, who live by the river and eat fish, yuck! And Shadowclan, who live in swamps and marshy areas. You might wanna watch out for Shadowclan." Onewhisker said with an Mrrow of laughter. Eww! Rabbits! Yuck! Oh well... it's better than being ridiculed back in Thunderclan. Snowkit thought disgusted. "We're almost at the Windclan camp.... We'll introduce you to Tallstar first, and then we'll get you something to eat. You're gonna love Tallstar. He's nice, and fair, and isn't too ruling." Deadfoot said as they were entering the camp. Immediately all eyes were on them and Snowkit shrunk back in fear. But Onewhisker gently pushed him onward with his nose and they entered Tallstar’s den. "Tallstar...are you here?" Onewhisker called. "We have a visitor." Tallstar looked up, "Ah! There you are! Welcome to Windclan!" Tallstar bent his head and licked Snowkit's head. "Hmm. . .you’re mighty small to wander. Where are your parents?" Snowkit thought quickly. "I...I...I can't remember, my mama told me I had to leave, and I have been wandering for days...and...and...." Tallstar looked down with a purr. "Don't worry, you don't have to think that hard, first you should get some food! And then we will find a place for you to stay while we get things sorted out." Snowkit gave a shiver of relief. He doesn’t recognize me. . .I wonder what starclan is gonna try and do now! I bet they wouldn't even mettle now!! Tallstar likes me, and no one would turn away a kit!!! Snowkit gulped down a small rabbit in a few bites. "That was delicious! What was that?" Snowkit asked Tallstar who was eating next to him. "That’s called rabbit. That's basically all we have here on the moor." Tallstar replied with an Mrrow of laughter. Surprisingly rabbit isn't as bad as the thunderclan cats say it is, anyway I might want to ask a few questions so they don't suspect anything .Snowkit thought. "Tallstar, why do the cats have such funny names?"
Tallstar purred. "Well, when you’re under 6 moons old you are a 'kit'. So, for example if your name is Apple, you would be Applekit. Once you reach the important age in every kits life, 6 moons, you become an apprentice. Then you become a 'paw' therefore, Applekit is now Applepaw.
Eventually once you are finished with your apprentice training you become a warrior! Now, a warrior doesn't have a set last part to their name, they are all unique. So Applepaw might become... Applepelt." Tallstar finished.
Wow. Snowkit thought, Tallstar sure puts things differently than Bluestar. I think I'm gonna like it here! Snowkit paused in thought.
Tallstar started. "Dusk.." When Snowkit didn't respond he said it louder "Dusk!'' "Uh.. what? Sorry bout that!" Snowkit stumbled. "Would you like to be part of the clan?” Tallstar said. Dusk sprang up from where he was sitting next to Tallstar. "You really mean it? Truly?" Snowkit asked. Tallstar nodded seeming amused. "Oh boy! I'm gonna be part of a clan! No more living on my own! Yay!" Snowkit did a little dance around Tallstar and stopped in from of him. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" Snowkit said excitedly. Tallstar gave a purr of amusement. "Come now, little one, you must be tired. Let’s get you settled in with one of the queens." Tallstar said as he led Snowkit to the nursery. Snowkit followed Tallstar to the nursery. "These are going to be your littermates, I'm sorry they aren't as old as you but they're the only ones we have at the moment! Here's your "foster mother", Rosepetal and her kits are Applekit, Mosskit, and Breezekit." "Welcome, Dust. Or should I call you Duskkit?" Snowkit looked up to Tallstar. "It's your choice" Tallstar said "Thank you, I'd like that" Said Duskkit. "Hi Duskkit! Welcome to Windclan!!" Purred Breezekit. Applekit licked Dustkit's side, "I hope you have fun here!" Mosskit purred. "Thank you!! I'm. . I'm not sure what to do here, but I know I'll try my best to fit in!!!" Purred Duskkit. Duskkit woke up next to his brothers and sisters. I needed a good nights sleep. Duskkit said as he stood up and tottered outside. He saw Tallstar talking to Onewhisker. He padded over to them. "Hi Tallstar. Onewhisker."
Duskkit woke up next to his brothers and sister. Today, we become apprentices!! He shook Applekit awake with his nose. He always liked her the best. "Applekit! Wake up! Today we're apprentices!" He did a little happy dance while Applekit blinked sleep from her eyes. "Wha?" Applekit said drowsily. "Wake up, you lazy badger, today we become apprentices!" Duskkit said taunting Applekit. Applekit crouched down playfully, "Nobody calls me a badger and gets away with both ears." She hissed playfully and pounced on him. "Applekit, Duskkit, get your tiny tails over here, i've gotta groom you for the ceremony!" Rosepetal said amused. "Sorry Mama." They said in unison. Duskkit cuffed Applekit over the ear and scampered to their mother. "Let all cats old enough to catch thier own pra---" Tallstar was cut of by a yowl from one of the queens followed by a badger's screech. Duskkit ran to the nursery as fast as his tiny kit legs could carry him. He saw a badger towering over his mother, Rosepetal, about to swipe at her. He let out a kit battle cry and lept on the badger clawing at its eyes. The badger threw him off. Blood blinded the badger for a moment. That allowed Duskkit to get back up onto the badger and cling on. Soon Tallstar and Onewhisker were swiping at the badger and it was growing rapidly tired. It soon tottered over and Duskkit only had seconds to leap off before the badger crushed him. Tallstar and Onewhisker rushed over. "Are you hurt?" Onewhisker asked urgently. "No, im fine, honestly." Duskkit said, feeling proud that he had kiiled a badger...with only a little bit of help! he thought proudly."Then you both really earn you apprentice ceramony" Tallstar said ."Yay!" All the kits said in union. "But first things first, Mama are you okay?" Duskkit said as he glanced over at Rosepetal "MAMA!" They all squealed. Rosepetal was on the ground, with a huge gash on her left side! "I..m okay.. just.. get..the.. medicine cat!" Rosepetal moaned. "Okay" Applekit nodded, surprisingly calm. "I'll go get her". "And I'll go with her" Duskkit agreed. They came back, and waited to see what Barkface would say. He looked over Rosepetal, inspecting her wounds. Duskkit watched as he put some weird herbal medicine stuff over her cuts. Later, Tallstar gave the apprentices their first task, watching over camp. The four new apprentices sat in a semi-circle in the center of the clearing. They were guarding the camp. Applepaw was sitting close to Duskpaw. I will guard the camp with my life. Duskpaw thought. He sniffed the air, he picked up a strange scent, he looked around the semicircle at Applepaw, Mosspaw and Breezepaw with a questioning stare, "Whats that smell?" Mosspaw whispered quietly. "I... I dont know, should we tell the clan?" Breezepaw asked nervously. Duskpaw saw a flash of white. He nodded. They yowled as loud as they could, but it was too late. The enemy was already attacking. The four apprentices lept onto the first few they could see. Warriors blundered out of their dens. "Shadowclan!" He heard Onewhisker cry. "Protect the nursery!" Tallstar yowled. All around the apprentices there were screeching balls of fur. There was hissing and spiting, clawing and yowling, scratching and biting. Duskpaw came face to face with and apprentice about as old as him. They locked eyes. He could not bring himself to attack. He turned away and lept on a big white and black tom. But before the Black tom could react, Duskpaw heard a yelp of alarm. He turned his head and saw the leader of Shadowclan attacking Applekit! Duskpaw ran away from the tom to go save her. "Applekit!" He yelled "Stay in there! I'm coming!" He leaped on

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:46 am
im sorry i left out the first couple posts! they didn't make sense with Eagles_fan_4_life's long beginning part.. and since she started the whole story thing i kept hers and left out the other stuff. sorry!  

JellyfishSpine

Monkey_Overlord_Number_Q
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:45 pm
wow!!! thats a lot!!! good job!!! heart heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:21 pm
Thankyou but all I did was type it up, you guys wrote it! (well i did too but stilllll..)  

JellyfishSpine

Hedgehog908
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:38 pm
BREAKING DAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok, ya that was good!! I haven't been keeping up with the story, so it was good to read that!!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:12 pm
Yeah!  

Panda--Chan
Captain

JellyfishSpine

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:58 pm
it was fun! but now i have to go update it..  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:27 am
hey i read ur post in the main fourm and i decided 2 read this story. i was really sad when snowkit had 2 b taken by a hawk and was glad 2 c some1 made a good story about if he didnt die. i really liked it it was just as if erin hunter heself wrote it!  

Aqua Cat 64

Panda--Chan
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:23 pm
it is an interesting thought.

what if he went on to skyclan and became a warrior there?

i'd say he was Snowstar but that leader was female.

hmmm

we'll never know :shiftyeyesofdoom: ninja  
Elder Stories (Fanfictions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces