Submit

For?
  the win!
  SPARTA!!!
  honour and glory!!
View Results

Shadowed Intent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:24 am
I was thinking about, if it exists, wearing greyish blue lipstick for a few reasons, one is that it matches my eyes and another is that I do not think black would suit me.
Does it exist?, and if it does, what do you think?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:18 am
It probably exists, somewhere. I would hope so.

In a number of the older threads of this subforum, people would often ask for tips on how to look best in goth fashion. One of my absolute number one rules was "Never wear black lipstick". It doesn't look good on it's own, and it makes the wearer look worse. Dark tones work fine, but black looks greasy, and will often make your teeth look nasty dirty.  

GilAskan
Crew

Shadowed Intent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:46 am
Thankyou for your reply, however I do not believe black lipstick always looks bad, I have see a few people pull it off quite well, though all of them have mentioned the dangers of getting it on their teeth.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:25 am
i'd say if your lips are too thick black generally doesn't look good on both but sometimes just the top works but be prepared to look like a fish. especially if you've got a hawk.  

AEtherclaw

Slayer Igraine

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:13 am
I have a lipstick that colour. Not that I ever wear it. Someone gave it to me, so sorry, I don't know where it came from. razz But I agree with GilAskan, black lipstick jsut doesn't suit. Dark colours, sure. But not black. o.<  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:42 am
I have changed my mind, I am going to buy some white lipstick from eBay.
I wonder if having that with a black outline would look good...  

Shadowed Intent

MEOWITSTERRA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:09 am
Yeah, I agree... black lipstick not so good. But when I do use it, I put dark purple or blue eye shadow over it to set and subtly color it. It's full of awesomeness.

I've never seen blue-grey, but you can probably mix a couple different colors.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:16 pm
it exists.....

just need to look in the cosmetics isle at your local mass market for some stupid name like midnight periwinkle or such.  

Keevan Draco

-Lo Va Tits-

Dapper Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:52 pm
Halloween make up definately has that color i only use black as a accent to my red lips like on the corners or down the middle  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:06 am
I personally have never seen it, but I would love to.

I normally wear a very deep raspberry red...it suits me wonderfully.  

NokomisSnape

glitteryvaux

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:55 pm
I think it might look very good, but on the opposite end, could look very bad...
I guess its one of those things you'd just have to try, and hope it suits :3  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:20 pm
Alyss Weller
I think it might look very good, but on the opposite end, could look very bad...
I guess its one of those things you'd just have to try, and hope it suits :3

depends on the shape of your lips and how you where it, along with everything else.  

AEtherclaw

Life Issues & Fashion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff