Reply An Anime Addict's Guild
NOT THERE

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xxEmoRachaelRoselovelyxx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:19 pm
Any anime with subs on lots of anime websites is all suddenly gone. The companys are taking it off because they think it's illegal... I'm serious. All my favorite anime has already been taken off and I asked my friends about their anime and they say it's gone too.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:32 pm
indeed.. how can we watch them now... stressed stressed  

dysturbia

Master cade

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:16 pm
eek my god thats terrable how can we watch our anime when we cant understand them sad well Im learning japanese so at least Ill know what there saying twisted but it will still be a while before I can crying  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:45 pm
Where have you been?
This has been going on forever
And of course it's illegal since your not paying for it (it's not free to make you know)

It's the same how it's illegal to download music for free  

Sally_Pants

Hunter

9,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200

Placeboraw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:26 pm
well i think its not fair they are taking it off even though its illegal i mean not everyone has enough money to buy anime and manga and the only way u would be able to watch anime is probably on tv which on mine they like only give it at night at adult swim which sucks b/c i have to stay up late to watch it and i have school stressed I HOPE THEY DONT TAKE OFF ALL THE SUBBED ANIMES ON THE INTERNET i know its not legal but it would suck not having anime to watch or read manga since u wouldnt be able to afford it xp  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:00 pm
I have been able to find a lot of animes without trouble recently, you just might have to look a little harder for the older stuff. There are a lot of sites out there, and some of them couldn't care less about copyright infringement. Other sites just have to delete their stuff after a certain amount of time due to limitations in memory on their servers. As much as I enjoy anime on the internet, I would still condone supporting the creators and the dubbing companies if you can afford to do so, because if you don't, the industry suffers, and there will be less anime for us all.  

directvantage45

angelpsyche

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:05 am
Serina878
well i think its not fair they are taking it off even though its illegal i mean not everyone has enough money to buy anime and manga and the only way u would be able to watch anime is probably on tv which on mine they like only give it at night at adult swim which sucks b/c i have to stay up late to watch it and i have school stressed I HOPE THEY DONT TAKE OFF ALL THE SUBBED ANIMES ON THE INTERNET i know its not legal but it would suck not having anime to watch or read manga since u wouldnt be able to afford it xp
i have to agree... anime in my country are all imports and very very expensive with all shippings and sorts.. and some of them are even branded original copies but weren't.. .. we don't have cable channels so all i could watch are just local shows and few koreanovela and no animes... i could only watch anime via net and if they are removing everything on the net, i don't know how i could watch them now? 0_0 i guess i should start searching for pirated copies or somewhere...

and most mangas i read are scanlated with no english versions... i can't read japanese and i barely understand the language... i can't afford to buy expensive manga i don't understand...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:40 pm
Your confusing what you want and whats fair
It's more then fair for companies to want their property not to be stolen since it cost them big bucks to make in the first place.
If you don't have money to buy it then that's a shame but it's not their fault

Anime on the internet is stealing since they get no money what so ever from it (same with music from Limewire)
At least when it's on TV they get paid by the advertisements and what not

Some companies (like Funimation) are starting to post episodes of their series on Youtube for people to watch. To try and curb people away from watching it online illegally

Now I watch anime online all the time (and also own a LOT of anime dvds) but if all anime was suddenly removed from the internet I would be sad but I wouldn't think it was unfair  

Sally_Pants

Hunter

9,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200

Zumae

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:03 pm
Im sorry but I have to side with Lisa4414 on this one. It IS illegal to put other peoples creation on the net, even if it is free fansub/dub. However it's not like they're losing all of their money over this. Doesn't the other merchandise of the animes created bring in a considerable profit? If the anime is really popular I would think that the creator and the companies involved would generate enough profits off of the accessories alone.  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games