Submit

Could he do it?
  Hell yeah! Go Near!
  No. I hate Near. He is a cheater.
  In the middle!
View Results

BockiBear

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:43 pm
I have been pondering this for some time. (Spoiler) I think no because he needed Mello's help to catch Kira. L could have caught Light if Light hadn't cheated. stressed But maybe he can because he is stil young. I don't know.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:41 pm
idk...he did need help with the kira case but it was his first so i say he could  

Akiko-chan13

3,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

[Belle Morte]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:45 pm
I donno,,
I like near, but I like L (of course) and even Mello alot better.
and he even said that he and Mello together make one L.
I don't think anyone could be as great as L.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:38 pm
Mmm...I don't think Near would ever be as good as L. Not that Near is bad or anything, but Near somewhat reminds me of a spoilt child. L, silly and spoilt as he is, still has reason and experience on his side. Everything about Near seems so mechanical. L just had a lot more life.

And, just as a really weird afterthought...does anyone else here think that Near and L are related in some way? They just look rather similar...  

Red Kasei

airimi

250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:36 pm
I don't really think so either since it did take Mello AND Near to solve it. And L had pretty much solved it but he didn't have the concrete evidence against Raito. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:03 pm
I believe he'd do fine really. Although it took both him and Mello to defeat Kira, that doesn't mean that he can not do it on his own after a bit of experience. It was his first time after all. But really, if you go by the book Another Note, L wouldn't have solved the case of the BB Murders without Naomi Misora. Well...he might have but who knows now. =/  

goodle_shoes

Baka The Wolf Boy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:54 pm
no but i do like near he is cool but L was the original detective on the case near just finished it xp L will be the best detective no matter what  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:00 pm
No. I know I'm cosplaying as Near, but there is no way he can ever live up to L. L's my favorite for life.  

Mindless Cupcake

BockiBear

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:49 pm
Red Kasei
Mmm...I don't think Near would ever be as good as L. Not that Near is bad or anything, but Near somewhat reminds me of a spoilt child. L, silly and spoilt as he is, still has reason and experience on his side. Everything about Near seems so mechanical. L just had a lot more life.

And, just as a really weird afterthought...does anyone else here think that Near and L are related in some way? They just look rather similar...

No I don't think Near and L are related. Near would have to be L's son but L didn't ever have a girlfriend or whatever. He may have. I don't know. But I don't think they are related. I just think Near tried to be like L.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:25 pm
No, I think L is a better detective. Near wouldn't be able to be as good as L. L is the best! >.<  

Kameko sama

Sacred Arcane

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:56 pm
With a couple more cases Near might be as good as L, but he never will be better than him.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:55 am
Could Near ever be better than L? No.
Could Near ever be as good as L? With some more experience, yes.
Near was good at solving the Kira case, even if Mello helped him out, so with more experience, he might definetely be able to live up to L's reputation. He's got the right mentality for it too. But I'm not saying Near is better than L--no one can possibly overshadow him.

Count Chocolat

Lilitherin

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:42 am
Near can never be L thats simple as that and I think Near got to Light being kira a bit too quickly he never even took into perspective of the second kira or anything and he really never suspected Misa which bothered me if he really was basing off L's work he would of taken in consideration other candidates and not just light  
The L Guild Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games