Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Official Post Your Progress Guild*~ Writers Support!

Back to Guilds

We support fellow writers by tracking and displaying word and page counts. 

Tags: Writing, Write, Poetry, Novels, Stories 

Reply Discussions:
Thread Tracker! [(Update 9/6/08)]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SugarRos
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:42 pm
Hello Members!

This is where you can come check up on the newest threads posted in the subforums. Because we have so many sub forums, we thought it would be a good idea to keep you informed of any popular or new threads that have popped up! Go ahead and check 'em out!

7/23/08:

The Help Forums:
  • Chapter Lengths: Discuss how long you like your chapters to be. Do you have certain length guidelines? Or do you just go with what feels right?

The Genre Forums:
  • Fantasy: Discuss all your favorite aspects of the Fantasy Genre, and the moment, everyone is discussing hate for Twilight. Join in or debate your opinion!

The Character Forums:
  • Characterization Experiment: Check out this cool exercise that works around your character and dialogue! Who knows, you might just get a better feel for who your character truly is!

Writing Styles:
  • Show, Don't Tell: A discussion on the popular writing 'guideline.'

Post Your Work:
  • She's The Girl by Lt. Oblivious is a great read! Check it out.

Chatterbox:
  • BATMAN Review! Spoilers for the Dark Knight ahead: A thread that discusses the brand new Batman movie! Check it out if you've seen the movie!
  • Visual Stimulation Thread: Stimulate your senses by posting up and gawking at random pictures other members decide to share!

Alright everyone, I'll be back again in a week or so with more thread reviews! Hope this has helped!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:07 pm
Great read? You're kidding, right?

Doesn't mean I don't want reviews, people. Tell me what I can do better!  

Lt Oblivious

SugarRos
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:53 am
Hello again, I'm back!

New/Popular threads for this month are:

9/6/08:

Main Forums:
  • O.M.G Moments: Can be found in the main forums. Share those exciting little moments you've come across while writing your story.

The Help Forums:
  • Tips For Creating A Reachable Goal And Actually Reaching It: Can be found in the Help Forums. Members give their sucussful tips and suggestions for reaching their goals on time.

The Genre Forums:
  • Do You Mix Genres?: Discuss the not-so-black-or-white mixing of different genres in your stories.

The Plot Forums:
  • Arcs And Their General Use: Discuss Plot Arcs, and, well, how you generally use them.

The Character Forums:
  • The Character You Write Best?: Discuss which personality type your favorite characters take on. Which ones are easiest or most fun for you to play around with?

Writing Styles:
  • Spivak Pronouns And You: Just when ey think ey've seen it all...

Member Journals:
  • Crescentlady's Journal: She's new! Welcome her in and give her some advice on her stories.

Post Your Work:
  • The Crooked One/Tower Of Dragons And Roses by Dark Lord M: A dark, somewhat chilling poem of a very, very crooked 'one.' Critiques are welcome, as it's his first serious poem, so go give it a read and let him know what you think.

Chatterbox:
  • Avi Chat: Chat About Your Avatar!: Discuss everything that has to do with your avatar. You spent the time and money to make it look as great as it does, show it off a little!

lt. was here!
See you all back here next month!  
Discussions:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces