Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply The Friends of English Magic Guild
Greek Mythology Art and the Fae Project

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thranduil_of_Greenwood

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:00 pm
Okay so I've been working on alot of stuff lately. Two big RP projects. First Greek mythology. A group of friends of mine and I started a Greek Mythology RP, we all took a not so well non persona. I took on Notos the South Wind, the creator of the RP played Thanatos (Death, most people think that Hades, it's not he's the lord of the Underworld not death.), Hypnos ( Sleep, Death's twin), and sometimes Euros (The East wind). Another friend played Phrike (horror), and sometimes Boreas ( the North wind). And finally the last friend played Zephyros (the West wind, the one you might have heard of. I drew some art of them.
The Akherontis, the twins Death and Sleep. Death is the light colored one, Sleep the Dark.
User Image

Notos
User Image

The four winds (Red is Notos, Yellow is Zephyros, Greenish one is Euros, Blue is Boreas)
User Image

And the Fae project. Only have two and a half for those now.

Kishlee the Pooka. This one is my friend's character. His pooka playing a flute he stole.
User Image

Lhachlhass the Sidhe (elfish character) My character
User Image

And a start of a picture Korlian (another Sidhe) with Kishlee
User Image

Hope you like them.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:48 pm
i LOVE them!

especially the proportion, balance, and diverse poses!

i am theologically and anthropologically interested in greek myth.

here is a great text if you are interested
http://www.amazon.com/Greek-Religion-Walter-Burkert/dp/0674362810  

beaulolais
Vice Captain

Feline Anachronism

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:36 am
Those drawings are great!

The only negative thing that I can say is that the eye placement on the second drawing seems a little off, but it's only in that one.

On a side note, I love your avi.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:08 pm
Thranduil is an avi perfectionist.

it seems to me that he could win many avi contests, but does not, because he is never satisfied that his latest effort is not perfect.  

beaulolais
Vice Captain

Thranduil_of_Greenwood

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:33 am
Thank you Feline Anachronism, and yes, it does seem a bit off. Good to know for the next time.

And beaulolais, thank you, I don't think I'm quite as good as you think. But maybe I should try some time.

And I have new art for Greek Mythology and Project Fae. I hope I've improved a bit.

Lets start with GM (ha ha game master, but no) again.
I drew the four winds again. I hope a little better then the last. Note for the way they were drawn, the winds are both seasonal and direction based. On the top is Bores the North Wind (winter), on the right is Euros the East Wind (fall), on the bottom is Notos the South Wind (summer), and on the left is Zeyphyros the West Wind (spring).
User Image

And finally a chibi picture of Thanatos and Hypnos done for a friend when he was having a bad day.
User Image

And the Fae, there are a lot more of these.
To start off, here is the finished version of the half finished Fae group up there, now with Lhachlhass.
User Image

Another version of Lhachlhass, more realistic this time around. I drew it in Art History I on notebook paper (epic fail) so there are still some lines in it, but I'm working on that.
User Image

Colored version of Lhachlhass originally posted.
User Image

And finally, once again Lhachlhass. Colored and drawn by me, touched up (heavily) by another artist.
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:52 am
the four winds are not only good looking in themselves, but the ensemble is assembled so cleverly, with the arrows pointing to the wind's four quarters!

it's finely mythological.  

beaulolais
Vice Captain

Akyro Lyse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:34 pm
I like them all. I wish I had talent like that. =) Mucho props!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:26 pm
^_^ I like em too. I can't draw at all.  

thunderdragon227

3,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200

Lady Whispers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:49 am
I have to throw in a bit of critisizm amung these shining examples of praise. all your faces look the same. tey're good faces, but they all pretty much look the same, with the exception being pooka.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:24 pm
icechild21
I have to throw in a bit of critisizm amung these shining examples of praise. all your faces look the same. tey're good faces, but they all pretty much look the same, with the exception being pooka.

You know, I really don't think so.  

Thranduil_of_Greenwood

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:11 pm
So much awesome imagery of Deus Ex Machina. cool
Now i finally realized the meaning of Akherontis(which is the name of the twins death and sleep*Thanatos and Hypnos*)

Now Hypnos might go ahead and knock me out with a spell, after realizing this, right?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:00 am
Hey, awesome job on the drawings!
Love the detailing on your fae characters, and the attention to composition in your four winds (with the arrows) drawing.
Akherontis is so good I thought it was a poster or something until I realized it was done in watercolour... (watercolour, right?)
Anyway, awesome awesome job!  

Tagori

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:06 pm
May i request artwork of the round table, please?  
The Friends of English Magic Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games