Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Tyranid Think Tank!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iShinzo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:29 am
I'm toying with the idea of restarting a Tyranid army, purely because I thrive on the close combat element in 40k.

The purpose of this topic is to generate a think tank for a Tyranid theme. Post ideas, suggestions, reference pictures etc, anything you feel could assist me in my goal.

At the moment i'm looking over arthropod reference books looking for an effective, yet deadly, colour scheme.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:08 am
You might better off posting this in the Tyranids thread found here.

Brother mods, what say thee?  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:22 am
Well he is talking about the modeling aspect... I say we keep it open if he continues his painting project in this thread, neh?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:38 am
I has one to mention. The Carnifex. : O  

Dragonzealot

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:43 pm

Use some Green Stuff and give them all Insectoid looking wings with a shell that looks like this:

http://www.museum.wa.gov.au/waiss/pages/images/stigm_gr.jpg

Do it well and you'll win awards.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:13 am
Wings would be a good addition. Although one downside I see to this is adding the wings to a large scale army. As you know a Tyranid army draws its strength from numbers, it'd take a month just to finish one Gaunt unit! emo

But I like the idea

iShinzo

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:51 pm
iShinzo
Wings would be a good addition. Although one downside I see to this is adding the wings to a large scale army. As you know a Tyranid army draws its strength from numbers, it'd take a month just to finish one Gaunt unit! emo

But I like the idea

What I meant was that you do that conversion on anything that has wings. Well...Warriors and Tyrants are the only ones, so yeah.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:02 pm
Caleidah
iShinzo

But I like the idea

What I meant was that you do that conversion on anything that has wings. Well...Warriors and Tyrants are the only ones, so yeah.
Or rippers, or gargoyles...  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

A figment of imagination

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:58 am
Red-Kneed Tarantula colour scheme? cant beat arthropods for inspiration of varied colour schemes.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:12 pm
DarkElf27
Caleidah
iShinzo

But I like the idea

Or rippers, or gargoyles...

Verra true. Forgot about them.

As far as that Red-Kneed Tarantula idea, that is pretty damned cool. That would look pretty awesome on a Babyphant conversion.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

[.Psycho.Doughboy.]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:59 pm
Anyone remember the Tyranid color scheme from the modeling section of the 4th ed rulebook? Where they look like bees? You should do that...

You don't ******** with bees...  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff