Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Embarrassing wake up calls.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:24 pm
So, the title is exactly as it sounds. Not everyone has to post here, in fact you don't have to at all seeing as the nature of the thread is a little shameful, but I'm smarting and feel that others can at least laugh at my pain. : P

So I'm zipping up my work pants and all of a sudden, I feel this pinching lancing pain in my lower stomach... and realize that I caught my own pudge in my zipper. ._. My husband looks over and says "welcome to my world" And I promptly hit him because he's so skinny.

It happened because I have solid fat, and a few millimeters of very loose pinchable fat overtop of it. It's peculiar...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:31 pm
Ouch! I think that i get a wake up call everytime i put on a bathing suit. And when i try to keep up with the other black belts at my club xp really gotta work on that fitness  

Iconised Ghost

skipper_339

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:39 pm
I get a wake up call every time I look in the mirror.
But really, whenver someone mentions something involving public swimming. Me, in a swimsuit? I don't think so... Yet! lol.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:08 am
My wake-up call, two years ago, was when some random stranger on the bus patted my stomach and asked me when it was due. I smiled and said loudly, "I'm not pregnant, SIR, I'm fat. I'm also not your wife, so don't touch me. In fact, that's a good idea for you to always keep in mind, because sooner or later someone whose philosophy is just a hair's-breadth less pacifistic than mine will snap your hand off at the wrist for that."

I felt good for standing up and owning my fat, but dreadful that I'd had to do it in the first place. Pregnant! As if!  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Star_Crystal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:51 am
I just got a wake up call when my "skinny" jeans were too tight for me again. Sometimes it’s hard for me to stay on a diet/exercise plan because after I'm satisfied with my results I quit. I wish that I was more committed to my health. Does anyone else go through this?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:49 am
Oh my GOODNESS DIVASH! I'd bite anyone's fingers off if they touched me.... ESPECIALLY if I were pregnant! AUGH!

I think everyone goes through this Crystal, being committed is more mind over matter, to me, it's associating all the bad feelings you get from the foods that make you fat, ONTO the foods that make you fat.  

Lady Schist

AoiMakura

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:59 pm
yea that hurts.im 15 and thats totally happened to me before which totally sucks at my age but im workin on it. lol. and i hate bathing suits.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:30 pm
i love swimming! i get a wake up call every time i put on my clothes, but the really rude wake up calls are when my family goes to my grandparents house for thanksgiving. all of my cousins go swimming in the awesome pool they have at the hotel, and i realized i haven't gone swimming in that pool in years. i finally got a bathing suit that fits and i went swimming with my friends a week ago, but it's depressing when i don't want to put on skin tight clothes in front of my boyfriend.  

white pony 16

lionantlers12066

9,800 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:16 pm
Star_Crystal
I just got a wake up call when my "skinny" jeans were too tight for me again. Sometimes it’s hard for me to stay on a diet/exercise plan because after I'm satisfied with my results I quit. I wish that I was more committed to my health. Does anyone else go through this?
YES!! Gods, last summer, I got down to 175 for the first time in like, five years. To reward myself, I bought one of those single-serving cakes. From there, I just stopped dieting for a while.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:00 pm
My wake-up call was when my pants started fitting tighter and my bathing suit got tighter and gave me a muffin top. D:  

Agorphia

8,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
  • The Perfect Setup 150

beauty-brakes

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:58 am
My wake up call always comes when I put on a bathing suit - especially for the first time after a long winter. I hate going to the beach..
And then there's the classic "all of a sudden nothing fits" slap in the face. Usually, this happens after summer when I try to get back into my jeans. I've promised myself I will be more dedicated to losing weight! (How long will that last, i wonder?)  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:52 pm
When stretch marks appeared on my arms. ;_; It bothered me in high school when they appeared on my upper legs but I could still cover them up. I can't comfortably cover these up. It's time to get my a** in gear. x_X  

Starlurk

sugurufan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:37 pm
My wake up call is whenever I look at a picture of myself. I don't see myself being that fat person, but I am. Ug  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:25 am
User Image

My ever-witty five-year-old sister asked me if "it's a boy or a girl".

"If your stomach feels weak my work here is DONE."

Pink Rain Today

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games