Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:29 pm
[ Unashamed: The Monthly Newsletter ]
2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

[ Let's go, Month Two! ]

We've survived to the second newsletter (even if the second newsletter is a week late in getting posted- oops), and though it didn't really require much work on anyone's part (aside from choosing a new verse of the month), it is encouraging to see that we have a month two newsletter, and the opening up of a new subforum (the newsletter archive, now that the old newsletter will be going into it). Included in this issue will be an update on the progress we've made with the Spring Cleaning, and what still needs to be done, along with prayer requests and this month's birthdays.

Our featured Verse of the Month comes from 2 Corinthians. We were thinking that since it's July, and most of the guild are from the United States, it would be kind of appropriate to feature a verse about freedom (relating to our July 4 (Independence Day) celebrations). But it's also something that applies to anyone, no matter what country they live in, as Christ has truly set all of us free. It doesn't matter your geographical, financial, emotional, or mental location- if you have accepted Christ, and He lives in you in the form of His Spirit, then you are truly set free- free from sin, free from a life without joy (not to be confused with happiness- maybe I'll talk about that later), free to hope, to love, to live. So this month, whether you are celebrating America's independence or not, keep in mind the One on whom we are dependent, and remember that by our dependence on Him, we have become independent from sin, temptation, and the battles and chains of this world.

[ Progress report ]

Well, we've been busy, busy, busy, trying to delete threads, get rid of uninterested members, move subforums around, organize old threads into new places- all kinds of crazy things. It's taken alot of time, but definitely less time than I'd anticipated. We cleaned out the entire members list, we redid all of the subforums (some are still waiting for rules and won't be opened until we finish up organizing the threads inside), cleaned out the main forum, deleting all the old and unnecessary threads, and even updated the rules. All that's left now is to decide on which topics will have threads all to themselves (we're trying to get something of a "hot topics" system going, where discussions will be constrained to a single thread to cut down on repeat topics). The crew and I are still trying to figure out how those threads will be moderated, but I don't think anyone will really be able to tell until they're up and running. I'm trying not to move too many important threads out of the main forum until the last minute, so that people can continue their discussions as normal, but it may be that I'll have to move threads around to get things better in line to be finished. As usual, I'll keep everyone updated with announcements in the main forum- please be sure to read the spring cleaning updates announcement as I update it (I'm going to rename it, only changing the date as it's updated). Reading that will help you to navigate the guild as things get moved around.

As mentioned, not all of the subforums are opened yet. The crew subforum is open (though no one but crew can enter), along with the newsletter archive (once this newsletter is up), prayer requests, praise, and artwork subforums. The others will hopefully be opened one by one as the month progresses. My goal is to have everything done by August, or shortly after August starts (since I don't wanna keep working my crew so hard, and I'm going to be getting ready to go back to school and things will get busy and insane for me again until December).

[ Your opinion matters! ]

This guild definitely isn't made up of just myself and the crew! Therefore, if anyone has any ideas for what we could name the newsletter (yes, we still haven't got a name for it), please! Suggest them! Any fun banners/artwork you'd like to submit to spruce up its appearance would be cool, too. We need ideas for the other two subforums as well. We don't want them to just be empty and useless, so if there are any kinds of subforums that you guys would like to see in this guild, make a suggestion (you can PM me, or any of the other crew members as well with your ideas). Don't be shy about voicing your opinion. If we really like your idea, we might pay you gold. ^_~

[ Prayer requests ]

These are all the prayer requests that have come in during June. If you'd like to make comments and offer support, feel free to post in the individual prayer request threads inside the Prayer Request subforum.

Samsoonie
Hello :] So I'm giving my first sermon to my Youth Group on Sunday and I am sooo scatter brained right now because of how nervous I am, and I'm scared that I might not know enough to do this. In fact, I know i can't do this on my own, I need God to help me, so my prayer request is that God would keep me focused this week and that he may speak through me. Thank you, it would mean so much to me if someone, anyone, would pray for me.

Samsoonie
Samsoonie
Hey there!
I have a prayer request-
I go to a small church with a small youth group, now don't get me wrong I would not change my youth group for anything! We're a small but strong group of Christians who are all hungry for Christ and his knowledge, but we are in need of a youth pastor or someone who will take charge and be a leader. So i was wondering if you all could pray for my Church.

Thank you
Susie

Lisa Faye
I have another prayer request.
I have found out today, Cecil, my fiancee, has been without one of his jobs for probably a few weeks.
There is a place where I work that is considering hiring him. Please pray that the manager will have this time to go over the paperwork this weekend, or we may not have payment for our next mortgage.
Also, pray that Cecil will be more open with me in the future regarding these things.
Thank you.
Lisa Faye
I would like some prayer for Cecil.
When I got home tonight at 8 pm, he was oddly in bed. Complaining of a really bad headache and *dizziness behind the eyes*
He got up only once. Saying he believes he is depressed. He is sad that Kroger hasn't hired him yet. He is also worried we won't make the mortgage. And he is depressed because we had two arguments as of late. And we simply never argue. Not usually.
Pray for him, please.
Lisa Faye
I could use some prayer.
I'm between jobs. Leaving one job for the new.
The new job is better, much better. But I'm still having night panic attacks and nightmares. I don't know why.
I will be leaving my old job this week. And leaving behind a few good people with it. And if something happens at my new job, I will no longer be eligible for rehire at my old.
With this new job, I know the hours I will get will cause me to lose my Medicaid. So I hope also, that I will qualify for the medical coverage the new job provides.
Finally, my neurologist has fought me for years, not allowing me rights to a license. When I have learned that there are people out there who have blackout seizures and can still drive a vehicle.
I could use some prayer that this stubborn doctor will say yes. As I have not had a blackout seizure since I was ten.

ryokomayuka
I would like prayer for my health. I wasn't feeling well and I like it if you could pray for me.

Ixor-san
So, at this point about the only thing that could muck up my plan to relocate is the lack of a job. I'm kinda running out of time, ok REALLY running out of time, to get a resume pulled together and to get myself employment out in Cali. I'm kinda starting to get a little worried about this. Prayers would be much appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. My friend that live out there has also been having a heck of time finding a job at all, let alone one he can apply his degree to...

Prayers for him, too, plz...

Thanks sweatdrop

Silver Wingling
I have a problem. A few weeks ago, I fell in love with my Rabbi's son. It's not easy for me, and I cut a lot over it, drowning in despair and self hate. You cannot imagine how aweful this was for me. To make it worse, he happened to be my girlfriend's ex boyfriend. A few friends are helping counsil me, a few siblings, I should say, since they are my family in all the important ways, and I'm going to speak with my Rabbi about it. Which will be unspeakibly awkward. As I'm sure you can imagine.

I need love, courage, and wisdom. And I need G-d. Most of all G-d.

Fushigi na Butterfly
This thread is so great, cuz I'm reaching a point in my life where I need some serious prayer. I need someone to pray for me that I can continue to love my stepmom in my actions, and that, no matter what she does, I don't give in to the temptation to feel resentment towards her or my brother, with whom she is currently pregnant. I'm not normally a violent or hateful person, but I'm feeling all of that can change, and just might, soon, if she doesn't stop acting like a spoiled brat every time she doesn't get her way or any time someone points out that the universe doesn't actually revolve around her or her uterus. stare That came out harsh. I'm under alot of stress right now ...

15-R-a-v-e-n-15
I Have a kitten. He has an infection some where. ((not going to say where for his sake)).I try to keep it clean but still,i Want it too heel. I know this may seem weird with all the problems in the world, but i once read something, it said, "pray for even the smallest the of things, for it brings glory to god.

notadream
My boyfriend just got kicked out of his house for no real reason. His mother had a meltdown and blames all of her problems on her son. He is now living with his father in a two bedroom trailer. His other brother who was also kicked out sleeps in one of the bedrooms and my boyfriend is forced to sleep on the couch. He has no privacy and no space to himself. Please pray that the apartment plans they have fall into place and that my boyfriend has strength and patience during this difficult time. Also pray that his mother gets the help that she needs.

Shizuka_Haruka133
Hello!

Thank you for offering! I would like some prayer for a friend of my family's, who just lost a newborn daughter... pray that they would have strength! Thank you!

[ Praise reports ]

We also like to praise God for what He's done in our lives, giving Him glory for the immense blessings He's given us. These are the praise reports that have been posted in June. If you'd like to praise along with them, or offer your own praise reports, you can do so in the Praise subforum.

freelance lover
I got really lucky in that, this summer I had the opportunity to be a Project Transformation intern and spend eight weeks working with the best kids ever and living and leading with the best interns ever. The summer is halfway over, but I can feel the amazing things God has been doing with everyone here and I know we're on to something.

We're all here to make a difference for the kids, and we are, but it's impossible to be here and not get caught up in the wake of the awesome things God is doing here. After a year of spiritual distance, I'm falling back into the spirituality I needed... it's amazing!

I really can't extend enough praise. But holy cow, God is awesome!

[ July's Birthdays ]

This month, Unashamed wishes a happy and blessed birthday to:
Utada12
moonbeam5003
The Book Never Written
A Different Light
boceto
DaMoomaw
HOWsweetTHEsound
roxyrosie
Luz Melian
Rigor Mortis

Hope it's a great one, guys!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:23 pm
So I just realized you posted this... I fail at like... sorry D:  

freelance lover
Crew

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:45 pm
Haha, seriously? I only made an announcement about it in the crew subforum too. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:29 pm
Yeah... I must have missed that. Fourth of July weekend was really busy for me, so while I do check this guild daily, sometimes it's just me poking my head in to make sure it hasn't exploded... hahaha.  

freelance lover
Crew

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:35 pm
Haha, yeah, the guild does tend to explode for no reason sometimes. Usually when I'm not here, so I come back and have to clean up the mess. confused  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:03 pm
Sorry. Next time it explodes I'll try and get it cleaned up before you come back D:  

freelance lover
Crew

Priestley

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:22 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
Haha, yeah, the guild does tend to explode for no reason sometimes. Usually when I'm not here, so I come back and have to clean up the mess. confused

Your faith in us is overwhelming. stare  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:33 pm
sweatdrop Didn't mean it like that. It really has nothing to do with your guys' ability to take care of things in my absence and more to do with the fact that I miss so much when I'm not here. I'm really not trying to intentionally insult you guys. I'm just having a bad week with that, aren't I?  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Priestley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:20 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
sweatdrop Didn't mean it like that. It really has nothing to do with your guys' ability to take care of things in my absence and more to do with the fact that I miss so much when I'm not here. I'm really not trying to intentionally insult you guys. I'm just having a bad week with that, aren't I?

Love you really, boss. heart  
Newsletter Archive {Brush up on (y)our history}

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff