Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Online or on paper?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Preferance?
  Online journal!
  Lined paper journal!
View Results

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:41 am
Do you find that keeping a journal online about weightloss is more effective, or keeping a writing book is?

I find a personalized journal MUCH more effective. Mostly because I can cart it around with me. I can write in it about my weightloss, my environmental concerns and my debt plans... and it helps because I can see the connections between all three. IE: Riding my bike is exercise, but it's also free, and it doesn't use gass. IE: Hiking around my favourite parks in this city and cleaning them up (CIGARETTE BUTTS!!! >O ) is environmental, AND it's a heck of a hike around Piper's lagoon...

There's also the thought that no one will read my weight loss journal if it's in my hands.. and I don't really like that because I can't really get feedback. Perhaps some kind of healthy balance. >..>

What do you find works best?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:16 am
I can see how having a paper version can help you link things, but I know if I started a journal, it would be in everyones hands. sweatdrop

I like the online one. I hate having a bunch of paper around (Plus, I'm saving trees!)  

alwyscrying240

5,300 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Person of Interest 200

Groovy Spleen
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:26 pm
I find what works best for me is to write the basics (food eaten, water, exercise) etc down in a journal throughout the day.
Then transfer it to the computer, along with any other thoughts I had etc.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:16 pm
i find that i like to keep a journal online so people can read it, and i can get feed back, but i like to keep a little note book with my goals for the day's exercise in so i can take it with me to the gym and write down how far i ran, or cycled, or what weights i used etc  

Iconised Ghost

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:58 am
Paper journal, or a Word document for food journal and an Excel spreadsheet for weight tracking. I hate it when the net's down and I can't get to what I want to do, so I prefer offline documenting.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:34 am
I prefer doing it online where everybody can see it. That way I won't lie to myself or the viewers, but I am more motivated to write good things on my food consumption list. Throughout the day, if I'm about to eat something fattening I can stop and think "wait... do I really want to add this to my gaia journal?" - it helps me put it back.  

beauty-brakes

Kittymutt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:57 pm
I prefer a Paper Journal. With a Paper Journal, you can take it everywhere. (well almost) With it with me all the time, it will remind me.

With an Online Journal, you cannot. (Unless you carry a laptop with you and have access to the internet 24/7) I would also forget to write in it. *is busy*

Plus, it isn't good for you health to be on the computer/watch TV a lot.

But, this just my Opinion. Do what works best for you! (^_^)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:21 am
I also keep an Excel spreadsheet of my weigh-in weights. I weigh every Sunday morning, after using the bathroom and before eating or drinking anything, and I record the weight in the spreadsheet. Every three months, I print out the results and hang them up together. The pages fill one entire wall in my closet, and it helps a lot when I'm getting dressed. I look at where I started, and where I am, and the more-or-less steady decrease in weight on my graph, and I smile. Then I get dressed, feeling thin and cute. Online stuff just doesn't have the same great effect as waking up and seeing the pretty colored graph of my success.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

ol_evil_eye_Riddle_box

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:17 am
I keep both. I write what I eat in a little book if I am at work or somewhere else, then transfer it onto here. That way I don't forget. It is more effective to me to have it online because other people will be looking at it. If I do something bad, I have to write it down, and I will feel disappointment and shame, which helps me to stick to it a little bit more.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games