Welcome to Gaia! ::

Perfect Strangers Guild

Back to Guilds

There are no such things as strangers, only friends we haven't met yet. 

Tags: Bookworms, Heroes, General, strangers, friends 

Reply (^-^*) Book Worms!! (^-^*)
Jane Austen Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite Book?
  Mansfield Park
  Pride and Prejudice
  Emma
  Sense and Sensibility
  Northanger abby
  Persuasion
View Results

Melisciose22
Captain

3,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:26 pm
fanboy360
u girlls make me lookk so weirdd.....X__X

maybe because u look like a boy  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:00 pm
Sometimes we put up walls not to keep people out,

Pride and Prejudice is my ... *counts* ... like 13th favorite book.

BUT
that's only because Ted Dekker trumps any and all other books that i read (so the other like top 12 are all his books. i'm too lazy to actually count how many he's got out now...)

So. I basically LOVE P&P. (i'm reading through S&S, but i'm not very far.)

Have you ready "Darcy's Story" by Janey Aylmer? It's basically P&P through Darcy's eyes. Very well written and stay very VERY true to Austen's original plot. It does, however takes the sympathetic view of Darcy, which i know some people argue that he really was just proud and not nervous.
Anyways... if you haven't read it yet, i HIGHLY reccommend it. WARNING: it'll make you fall even more in love with Darcy (yea. i thought that was impossible, too. lol).

I have heard rumors about another author continueing the story in a book titled "Darcy Takes a Wife" or something. And have heard another rumor that there's even a third. Heard that too?

but to see who cares enough to knock them down.

SilverPages

Fashionable Explorer

Shajinia
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:39 am
I had to read Pride and Prejuice for Lit class. I really liked the period writing, not to mention Lizzy's rebellious nature, but I dispised the happy ending. Darcy was a jerk and if I had been snubbed like that in the beginning, I wouldn't have ever given him the time of day. lol, Lydia was such a ditz. can't believe her and Wickham...  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:12 am
but that's what makes it so realistic! back then, people actually did act like that. I love all of Jane Austen's books, even though I've only read Pride and Prejudice completey and half of Sense and Sensibility. And maybe three chapters of Persuasion.
But my mom and I are Austen addicts and we have like...six versions of Pride and Prejudice on dvd, and at least one or two fo everything else.
And there is the Darcy's Dughters series byElizabeth Santon. Basically Elizabeth and Darcy's kids and their stories.
Oh! And has anyone else read Sanditon? It was Jane Austen's last novel that she never finished  

_Morgane le Fey_

(^-^*) Book Worms!! (^-^*)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces