Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Michael Turner co-creator of Witchblade...deceased

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anpu the black Seraph

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:06 pm
I wanted to post this because I thought there may be others interested in knowing this information. Michael Turner, comicbook artist and writer, has passed away this past weekend. He was and is one of my favorite sequential artists and biggest influences. I will always love his work and he will be missed.

On Saturday, June 28, at 1:50am (I've also read it was 10:42 pm Friday night), Michael Turner lost his battle with cancer. He passed on at age 37.

Discovered by Marc Silvestri at a convention and hired by Top Cow productions, he is responsible for creating his series Fathom and Soulfire, as well as co-creating the hit Witchblade.

After departing Top Cow in 2002, Turner formed his own comicbook publishing company, Aspen MLT Inc. in Santa Monica.

All of this info and more can be found at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Turner_(artist)

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=16988

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:03 am
My sister was at comic con, so I heard. It's a damn shame, but that's life. Goes to show you that you're not promised tomorrow, so do stuff today.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Murkytea

Invisible Gekko

8,275 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:25 pm
eek well this is a shock to me!! Turner was defiantly one of my favorite comic book artists!! I didn't even know he had passed...  
Gaian Art Mentors

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games