Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
A bit confused regarding deities that I feel strongly toward Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:45 pm
Deoridhe
TheDisreputableDog
At my first and only Sumbel as a very new and stupid pagan, I called Pele.

rofl rofl rofl

Actually, depending on how the Sumbel is opened, broadening it to other pantheons isn't a problem imo; ancestors and heros are already implied as welcome, and deities in other pantheons can come in under either of those auspices or via the simple presence of one of their worshipers. I got almost tackled and murdered when I invoked Diana at a blot, though, before they realized I was talking about a person not a Roman god.
Well, even granting that, this was Connecticut. I guess I should count myself lucky that I was nowhere near a fault line.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:05 pm
TheDisreputableDog
Deoridhe
TheDisreputableDog
At my first and only Sumbel as a very new and stupid pagan, I called Pele.

rofl rofl rofl

Actually, depending on how the Sumbel is opened, broadening it to other pantheons isn't a problem imo; ancestors and heros are already implied as welcome, and deities in other pantheons can come in under either of those auspices or via the simple presence of one of their worshipers. I got almost tackled and murdered when I invoked Diana at a blot, though, before they realized I was talking about a person not a Roman god.
Well, even granting that, this was Connecticut. I guess I should count myself lucky that I was nowhere near a fault line.

Connecticut is near a fault line; it's just a really old one. The Mountains up the east coast mark where two plats have fused together.

That being said, my understanding is that Pele is NOT kindly disposed toward most people...  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash