Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Keeping Going

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Feeling good?
  Feeling better :)
View Results

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:54 pm
Ok, so i have been having trouble with my weight for a while now, doing things i thought were right but not seeing results that I wanted

I re-read the guide that I was using, and realised that I havent been sticking to what it says at all. Which is sort of encouraging because it means that there is a reason why i have been unsucessful, but disappointing because it means i have wasted so much time.

So having fallen off the band wagon, I was feeling really low. Then I found this on the 3fatchicks.com forums:

kaplods

Think about things that people only do with dieting and a few other "bad" habits, like gambling and drug use. Only when we're being "naughty" do we have an all or nothing mentality. If we trip on a step, we don't throw ourselves down a stair case. If we accidentally take an extra dose of medication or vitamins - we don't swallow the whole bottle. If we snap irrationally at our spouse, we don't decide we might as well murder him in his sleep.

I thought that was so true, it really cheered me up and now i feel ready to keep going. And i've made new plans and set new, more reasonable, more specific goals

So what do you guys do to keep going? What mental games do you play with yourself to keep positive in those down times?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:56 pm
Haha I love that!!! It's hilariously inspirational XD

What I do to keep going? I actually keep a little index card in my purse with my personal Goals. Even cornier, I also have a little recording of myself on my iPod personally reminding me why Im doing this, and not to give up hope >> I even added background music and everything XD.

Sheesh Im corny, but whatever helps hmm? :3  

Duchess Giselle

Generous Entrepreneur

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:36 am
i love the last sentence especially mrgreen

i dont think thats corny at all! I actually intend to get a notebook with my specific goals for each week, every work out etc. The recording sounds like a good idea too, especially if you are attached to it at the ears like i am so its always there to listen to ^_^ I would record a message to myself, but i hate the sound of my own voice >.<

Whatever helps is right! Motivation at any cost! mrgreen  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games