Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
So, what do you do about harassment at your work place?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What should I do?
  Tell the guy to stop again
  See if my boss could think about getting rid of the guy
  Leave
View Results

smileontheedge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:11 am
There's this old guy at the resturant that I work at who's been bugging the crap out of me for the past few weeks. All he's done is ask me out and I've told him no. Keep in mind this guy is like 50 and I'm a 20 something. I told my mom and she said I should talk to my boss. I did and my boss made the guy apologize and he said he was only joking. I'm sorry but I don't like people who joke like that. It would have been okay if it was just one time but it was constant. Everytime he saw me he'd ask me. It stopped for awhile, now he's somewhat doing it again, just not as much. Plus, now he and some of the other male workers are making fun of me. When he sees me he asks as though as he's crying. Then the other day the other waiter who's male was joking with him and told him that I called the police because he touched me. Thats not what I did at all. I never called the police or said he touched me because he didn't. One time my bosses wife caught him picking on me and she told him to stop. The guy still tries to get my attention, and I try to ignore him but it's just getting on my nerves! What makes it worse is the fact I feel bad if it was just a joke but I don't think it is considering the fact how constant he's been at it and my mom says that men rarely joke about this stuff. She told me: "He couldn't say he was harassing you."

I'm just really lost here. I need some help with this one. I really don't want to leave because I do like my job. Can you guys help me?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:24 am
I have actually been harassed several times in the work place. I believe that the best thing to do is talk to your boss again and tell him that the old b*****d is still harassing you. (nicely of course) and if action is not taken against him, a complaint will be filed with the corporate head courters, and/or, you are about to the point of filing a lawsuit against him and the company for allowing it to continue. After finally talking to my boss and letting him know the extent of the harassment I was under, he practically handed my manager's job to me on a platter. He isn't allowed to talk to me without risk of termination, not even outside of work. Those were my conditions. My friends think I was too nice, but I thought that if he still had to see me everyday and reminded of his mistake and punishment, it would be justification enough. xd  

Asadachi

Devout Worshipper

smileontheedge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:08 am
I told my bosses. The guy sort of leaves me alone but now I'm getting made fun of for telling. Like the other day I was talking with the boss's daughter and she likes to play with me a lot. At first I thought it was her rubbing a hand down my back but it was her mom and when I asked the daughter if it was her, the mom was like: "No, it's so and so." I know she was playing but I felt a little unconfortable about it sometimes.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:05 pm
I'm sorry but I don't care how much you like your job, that is not a healthy workplace environment.

If I was you I'd pack my s**t and tell my co-workers they can go ******** themselves with a stick.

Find a job with people who will respect you as a human being and treat you with some dignity.

=/  

Soru-kun

Dagur

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:57 pm
This is one of the situations where working for a big store in a big corporation is a good thing.

I have only worked at large department stores (I'm talking with a few hundred employees, we are adding about 200 for X-mas) and in such places have hotlines where you can anonymously inform the managers, and they get reported to the corporation as well.

We also have to sign a contract that if we sexually harass someone that they have the right to fire us.

Needless to say they get fired very quickly.

Since it appears you work for a much smaller business my suggestion is to leave, because it is obvious that the people you work with do not take it seriously. Although I also suggest that you find a job before you quit with the poor job market.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:16 pm
I have the same problem in my 3rd period class. This boy named Roberto won't leave me and my friend alone. He's almost made me cry a couple of times also.

But he is doing the same thing as this guys doing to you.

What you can do in a situation like that is well it really depends honestly i've gotten in trouble but not badly. Everytime someone would try to harass me i'd honestly make it open to everyone what he does then hurt him. Sorry it might sound immature. But once in sixth grade this guy kept making fun of me so i kicked the back of his knees stood on his back and said "Say it again." and he did and jumped o_o.

My math teacher watched and he just told the boy. "well you shouldn't have messed with her." same with the situation i'm in now. Roberto hugged my friend from behind and she elbowed him in the stomach as hard as she could and he was on the floor.

But in your case i'd use some smart alic phrase. i would give you some but i'm a loser i have no idea unless its "will you go out with me?"
"no" "loser."
"you just asked a loser out. So whose the bigger loser. me or the guy who asked out a loser?"(long reponse sorry)  

The Invisable Spaz

Anxious Lover

11,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Pie Enabler 100

Drakie Cakie
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:21 am
Soru-kun
I'm sorry but I don't care how much you like your job, that is not a healthy workplace environment.

If I was you I'd pack my s**t and tell my co-workers they can go ******** themselves with a stick.

Find a job with people who will respect you as a human being and treat you with some dignity.

=/

These walls don’t talk, even if somebody knocks.
These walls don’t stand for anyone else but themselves.

This. What they said.

These walls don’t fall, even when gravity is failing us all.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:41 pm
Threaten to go whine to human resources.  

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

Mage_Almasy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:21 pm
Like the others said, leave.
It's not worth it, it's only a job and if they can't appreciate your hard work and your person, then it's time to leave.
Or, if you want to have fun, threaten to file a complaint but this time, you won't stop at the boss,you'll go higher. And nobody wants to have that kind of attention.
(depending where you are,idk what it's called in the states since I'm in canada and only know the french terms =/ )

I'm going to have a blast when I leave,all the s**t I noticed over the years and the fines they could get.
It's called payback, and it's a b***h~  
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff