Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
System Detox

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Call Me Stephanie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:44 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I keep hearing about people who "detox" their system. Could anyone give me more information on this?

Much appreciated!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:07 am
i have detoxed before, and it didnt do much in terms of weight loss, but it did amazing things for my skin (which is why i went on it), and i mean AMAZING. Like, after 20 years of using steroids and medication, it worked better than anything i had tried in about a month. I'll try and find my information on it if you want

It was a very strict diet, and i didnt lose weight on it surprisingly. But it did teach me that i can diet if i really try, and thats beneficial for weightloss in itself 3nodding  

Iconised Ghost

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:18 am
I am a religious person, and a few times a year I'm required to fast for this or that holy day -- sometimes just from sunrise to sundown, other times from sundown to (the next) sundown. I find that the fasting goes easiest, AND I can get in a little dieting detox, if I only eat a little bit in the four to six hours before fasting -- say, an egg, a bit of broth, a couple of crackers. When I break my fast, likewise I do it lightly, this time with a little fruit and another egg.

I've also done a kind of detox where you eat nothing for three days. You can drink all the water you want, but for "eating," you may only have a little bit of lemon juice mixed with the same amount of grapefruit juice and a teaspoon of olive oil, five times per day. It's NOT good for weight loss, because you're not losing real weight. It is, however, good for flushing out the system and sort of rebooting your body. Once you go off that, start up with healthy vegetables and fruits, low-fat proteins (eggs, chicken, turkey, fish, very lean beef or lamb), low-fat or non-fat dairy products, and only whole grain starches (brown rice, whole grain cereals, whole wheat pasta, potatoes with the skin on, and -- rarely -- whole wheat bread products). Then again, doing all of that, even without a detox first, will still help you lose weight.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:28 am
I've got a really good detox to go on, but I'm lazing my butt about it.  

Lady Schist

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games