Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Awareness of non-corporeal reality experienced visually

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:07 pm
Does anyone have any tips for how to turn off seeing auras/non-corporeal things? I'm specifically talking about the halos which become so pervasive that it becomes difficult to focus and there's eye strain.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:55 pm
This is going to sound stupid... but, when my vision is blurred by anything over taxing it, be it light or wind or monitor radiation, even expanded spectrum phenomena, I find taking a nap helps alot.
It doesn't get rid of the cause, but the headache tends to diminish. sweatdrop
As far as turning off or down sight beyound sight, best of luck, mytho-historically, persons have often been driven to gouging their own eyes out from it.
Lasik surgery may have an effect tho.  

Fiddlers Green

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:38 pm
sweatdrop

Sorry Deo.

Actually Fiddler's advice isn't too bad. Taking a few good swigs of water might help- but in a similar line with what Fiddler was saying- if you rub the palms of your hands together until they are warm, then rest them over your eyes for a moment while "grounding" that helps me.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:37 pm
TeaDidikai
sweatdrop

Sorry Deo.

Actually Fiddler's advice isn't too bad. Taking a few good swigs of water might help- but in a similar line with what Fiddler was saying- if you rub the palms of your hands together until they are warm, then rest them over your eyes for a moment while "grounding" that helps me.

Not your fault; you warned me. I'll try the hands thing. heart Unfortunately, a nap is impossible. It definitely comes and goes; unfortunately, not entirely under my control (I can turn it on, but have been lesss successful turning it off).  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:41 pm
Go back to basics.
Ground then shield.

I can think of three people in this subforum who have seen me with less than seventy percent shielding (DAMN YOU PRESENCE 4
Most of it isn't to protect me but, among various reasons, to keep the outside world where it belongs: outside.

One friend of mine uses Star Trek force fields as a visual que.
Another, a ball of white light.
Another, a ball of golden light.

The various spheres of my shielding are programmed by firewall rules. It's what I know. Explicit "deny all, allow x" on all ports.

Music helps. You want something with a strong base, for obvious reasons.

Eat well. A balanced diet, making sure you're getting enough iron and potassium.

Failing all of that, you could gouge your eyes out.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:40 pm
CuAnnan
Failing all of that, you could gouge your eyes out.
Let's not let it come to that. Deo has such pretty eyes...  

TeaDidikai

MoonJeli

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:51 pm
Well, I don't think I'm seeing anything outside myself, just brain glitches sweatdrop but I've had trouble with halos and the like since I was little, and the warm hands thing helps me, or I'll hold a cup of hot tea up to my eyes. (Tea cures everything! I'm sure any hot beverage would help, but tea is best of course. Hehe.)

I also go into a dark room for a few minutes to get a break sometimes. If I'm away from home, a one-room public restroom is helpful, if I can turn off the lights. Even just a short break sometimes helps, though when it gets really bad I have to lay down in the dark and try to sleep or meditate.

Also, physical filters can help me, I don't know if it would help anyone else. Like colored sunglasses, yellow or red-tinted or whatever.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:50 am
Sunglasses can help but you are just going have to find away to find your own off switch or how to sort your filter/sheild.

It can be a pain in the arse when it happens, if you are getting headaches I suggest an eye patch. I know sounds strange but when that has happened to me in the past it's was the one practical physical thing I could use until my filters got unstuck other then being in the bath.  

ShadowSharrow

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:47 pm
CuAnnan
Go back to basics.
Ground then shield.

My perception was that I was fully shielded; I don't normally let them down, um... ever. This circumstance I definitely wouldn't because of how emotional everyone is; I'd be in a corner, non-functional if I didn't have a solid shield up.

It passed after I stuck my hands in the fountain for a few minutes, though, so it looks like I need a physical "watering" to help clear everything out. I'm working on shifting one of the items I carry with me always to stand in when I can't get to actual water.

And Tea, don't feel bad. The worst part was it made it hard to take notes during class. User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:02 am
For me it turns itself on and off, but I agree with Fiddlers Green, I think it would be best to take a nap, if you take a nap your whole body including your eyes will stop, for the time being, being so strained. Also if you try only speciffic images such as only a person then I think that you may not see the aura. Seeing auras depends on you seeing the person and whats around them, so to speak, so if you only see the person and not what may be around them then mabey they will stop.  

a_witches_past

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:07 am
When I start seeing stuff as overwhelming as it was, it was everything, not specific people, so it was definitely a bit odd. There's a quality of focusing on Midgard instead of extra-Midgard things which I'm working on right now. Water seems to help, but water makes everything better. Part of the problem is I have no sense of differentiation in what I see, so I'll need to work on that, too, but cautiously. I'm shifting back to practicing will-motion right now, though. 3nodding  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games