Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
The Crimson Symphony (A Space Marine Chapter ) PICTURES!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vid13

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:38 pm
Alright so I've been around here for a while and never posted. Recentally I decided that my white and yellow painted army was to bland to look at so I did some remodling and re painting So below I have 3 figures for you one is my new color scheme. One is a Techmarine that i converted. The last one is a Sword Brethren...I dunno what I'll be doing with him....BUT HES AWSOME LOOKING. So yeah basically constructive critizism is great, but lay off the flaming and thanks for looking

1. Alright so basically i decided that the White and yellow didn't have nearly enough 'POP' when you look at it so i went with this scheme.
It's a red primary ,Gold Secondary ,And Silver tertiary. I under stand the bases aren't textured no fear they will be and please I realize I'm not the best painter but trust me this is an improvement. Also Yes the red is too glossy I'm working on it xp
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

2. Okay so this is the Techmarine I converted he's oviously paking a bit more heat than usual which was the idea as fo the other side the lifting arm is folded back because i sorta wanted to give that in combat feel. After taking the picture i realized the arm holding the gun on had like a loop that looked kind agross so i pluged it up and made it loo more joint like. I'll take another picture soon.

3. Okay so when i decided to do this army switch i also just came into possesion of a BUNCH of Dark Angels stuff. So obviously my army instantally became a bit more ornate. Either way After a decent look through the box i was able to put this dude together I think he looks awsome. There's nothing to special about him excepts he's dual wielding power swords and has wing like things. I think those are supposed to go on the back of Dark Angles Attack bikes right?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:49 pm
You've got some trimming/sanding/filing to do on the Dark Angel, on the spots where you clipped the pieces from the sprue. I'd love to know where you got that assualt cannon from, though. surprised  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Vid13

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:54 pm
DarkElf27
You've got some trimming/sanding/filing to do on the Dark Angel, on the spots where you clipped the pieces from the sprue. I'd love to know where you got that assualt cannon from, though. surprised

The assualt cannon came out of the Dark Angels Vechicle Conversion spur i think in fact there are two of them on it. It came with the Battle Force bits I got from a dark Angels Battle force

Thanks I'll go back and work on that...it was 2 in the morening I knew i missed something sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:12 am
that Techmarine is a superb and simple conversion! but your painting needs work, maybe try basecoating the models before applying other colours (black i find is the best colour for basecoating)

also, i have the devastator and ravenwing sprue's which i havn't used the winch or either assault cannon from (i convert my LS into a snow buggy kinda thing) i might see if i have the other parts to make a cool Techmarine (i convert mine mostly)  

Darkweaver66

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Vid13

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:08 am
fire - link
that Techmarine is a superb and simple conversion! but your painting needs work, maybe try basecoating the models before applying other colours (black i find is the best colour for basecoating)

also, i have the devastator and ravenwing sprue's which i havn't used the winch or either assault cannon from (i convert my LS into a snow buggy kinda thing) i might see if i have the other parts to make a cool Techmarine (i convert mine mostly)

Thanks i like the Techmarine too

Alright I'll try the base coating I've always avoided it but i can try.

Sweet I'd like to see a picture once it's done.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:06 am
Vid13
fire - link

basecoating is useful mainly because it darkens the areas that you cant get a paintbrush into during the paintjob, use your red marine as an example, you have a few areas where you can see the plastic/metal glaringly, whereas, it wouldnt be so glaring if you have a black basecoat.

an easier way to basecoat in bulk is to use Chaos Black Spray. so you can basecoat a unit evenly in a short time  

Darkweaver66

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Vid13

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:38 pm
fire - link
Vid13
fire - link

basecoating is useful mainly because it darkens the areas that you cant get a paintbrush into during the paintjob, use your red marine as an example, you have a few areas where you can see the plastic/metal glaringly, whereas, it wouldnt be so glaring if you have a black basecoat.

an easier way to basecoat in bulk is to use Chaos Black Spray. so you can basecoat a unit evenly in a short time

Okay cool thansk for the advice. Do you recomend spraying the paint at eye level....I seem to alwaysmiss spots doing it on the ground.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games