Submit

Are you tired of too much sex in books?
  Yes, where's the actual romance?
  No, I can skip those parts if I wish.
  What the heck are you reading and where can I find it? o.O
View Results

Wissakins

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:16 am
I just read Witch Blood by Anya Bast. While the plot was pretty good, I got a little tired of the sex scenes. I know its classified as a paranormal romance, but since when does romance mean all sex? I wish some of these new writers would be a little less sex obsessed and more involved in their plots.

All in all, if you're of age (or mature enough for some racy sex scenes) I would recommend this book. Maybe not buy it outright, but library rental.

Also, I hear there is a sequel. Maybe someday I'll pick it up and read it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:29 pm
Yah...if it says Romance it almost always means sex. It's really rare to find a good fantasy novel that is classified as a romance. If you want light on the sex get away from that section...

Usually the ones that are light on the mature content are classified as Fantasy or Sci-Fi. Kelly Armstrong for example has some mature content but she's generally light with it and focuses more on her storyline.

FaeDreamer

Dapper Gaian

1,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

Wissakins

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:54 am
I've read a decent amount of paranormal romances, but Anya Bast seems to spend 2x as much time on the sex as a lot of them. I pretty much read anything labeled "paranormal" now. Kim Harrison and Kelley Armstrong are two of my faves, but I read so fast I have to keep finding new authors.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games