Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Everything For Everyone Guild (EFE)
Is it just me... O_o

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you heard of it?
  Lawl, no. You're just weird.
  Yaaa of course!
View Results

SapphireSara3
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:37 pm
... or have you guys ever heard of some kind of fear/problem where people can't sleep without a blanket? It's kindof starting to be a problem with me, considering it's summer & everybody in my house wanted to turn the air-conditioning down. It's weird to describe, but when I have a sheet over me I feel to naked. I can only really sleep when I'm under heavy blankets. Funny thing is, I never realized it until one day when my friend and I had a sleep over like last year. She told me that she was too hot, so I told her to take the blankets off & she said that she couldn't sleep without blankets. I don't know what it is, but it's like a fear of something happening to me while I'm asleep. It's hard for me to even stick my leg out.

So, have you heard this and/or unconsciously have it happen to you?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:44 pm
I think I had that when I was a little kid back then and I was always afraid of something when I don't have the blanket on. sweatdrop  

Enobmah Shardtrace

SapphireSara3
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:52 pm
Enobmah Shardtrace
I think I had that when I was a little kid back then and I was always afraid of something when I don't have the blanket on. sweatdrop
Yeahh I think it may be a common childhood fear that I just haven't grown out of. I have random fears like that. D:
To be honest, I was scared of the dark before I started taking sleeping pills. x.x
I sound like a messed up person, don't I? D:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:59 pm
Nope, because there are some people who cannot sleep without a blanket even if it wasn't a childhood problem there could be something like that happening along the lines.  

Enobmah Shardtrace

TillxGone
Crew

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:26 pm
User Image
._.
Well, I believe that it's because one would be sleeping with a heavy blanket during most of the year, about 3/4s due to the coldness of Fall and Winter and then some of it from Spring. And that without it during the Summer, you sort of feel the lightest and the flowing air under a lighter blanket or no blanket at all.

o:
But, that's what I think.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:17 pm

Hmmm.. I haven't heard of anything like that before, although I think it's possible. Even in the heat of summer, after you fall asleep, your body temperature cools down (sleep regulates and slows down many bodily processes) so that you no longer feel all that hot. Later, your room/house cools down with the night, you may start feeling cold and need something to keep you warm. I guess if you're too cool your brain will signal you to wake up and get a blanket! mrgreen

Meiazure

Shryle
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:32 pm
Hm, personally, I don't like to have a lot of blankets, 'cause it is so friggin' hot here. But, the thing with me is, I can't sleep without the sound of a box fan. I dunno why, but when a house is completely silent, I can't sleep. I can try all I want, I just can't pass out. I went over to a friend's house a week ago to sleep over, and I stayed up all night 'cause I couldn't fall asleep. Pissed me off when he got up and was wondering why the hell my eyes had huge rings under them. And it REALLY sucked when the power was off for three days from an ice storm.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:48 am
Yess, Im kind of that way too. But in the night I end up kicking my blankets off while I'm sleeping. ((Though that's kinda cause one of my bedrooms is in a huge walk in closet andit gets a little warm in there)) o:  

MrsFail

Shelby Pierre-San

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:46 am
I've heard of it but it doesn't bother me.

during the winter i need like 5 blankets on me which i cacoon myself in while a sleep. in the summer i use one sheet or thin blanket and half of the times that gets kicked off in the middle of the night same with the sheet that hugs the mattress for some reason.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:57 pm

[applesauce.]

User Image
Never heard of it before, but...
I like totally developed that disease over winter.
my parents keep telling me not to sleep with my blankets on because it's hot, but i caaaan't. D:
I'm also a weirdo.

[applesauce.]

Penciled C o o k i e
Crew

Everything For Everyone Guild (EFE)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out