Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Losing, and need some help...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

alwyscrying240

5,300 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:01 am
Hello!

So, I have been a loser since March now, and things are coming along well.

I have dropped 2 pants sizes and can see it in everything I do.

But....
I want to shappen my arms, and start toning my tummy.

I have been doing walking this whole time, and am finally ready for toning exercises. So I was wondering....

Does anyone have any ideas on how to help my problem, inexpensively, and slighty rapid? (I'm not thinking super abs in 30 seconds, or anything rediculous like that rofl)
I dont have anything. I have one 5 pound weight, but thats it.

Thanks! ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:26 am
I have special gloves that I can fit weights into, they're for yoga ( http://www.gaiam.com/product/yoga-studio/yoga-props/yoga-kits/yoga+burn+kit.do )

I use them when I'm on a walk/jog and swing my arms very wide, (I have uuuuber arm strength problems)

I also do yoga with them. >.> When I can be bothered. <.< Because I'm a lazy asshat like that. >.> <.< >.>

Other than that, a kickboxing video will shape your arms and tummy like a hot damn.  

Lady Schist

Groovy Spleen
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:16 pm
Bicycle crunches for abs!

Although, if you have a layer of fat over your abs, exercising them won't make the fat GO AWAY, it just tightens and makes the muscles bigger.

Unfortunately, the only way to actually get rid of fat is through proper diet X_X

There's no such thing as spot toning.
So keep up the cardio, (and add more intense cardio to your work out!) add in some strength training, and stick to healthy eating. All of that will tone your body overall.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:31 am
Let's see. weights are good for arms.

But for abs, what I think would be fun would be belly dancing. I'm getting into it and it is a great ab exercise.  

Serafim_Azriel

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:36 am
Yoga, Pilates, belly-dancing, and ballet are fantastic all-over toning exercises. Mind you, they won't take away the fat. They'll just just make your muscles (beneath the fat layer) a bit stronger and more toned. For getting rid of fat, you'll have to change your eating habits as well, just as Groovy Spleen mentioned.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:01 pm
As far as getting rid of belly fat specifically I've read studies that state you need to work VERY hard. Like HARD cardio for over 30 minutes plus diet. Belly fat is one of those things that gets put on easy but you have to really work to loose it.

._.  

Lady Schist

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games