Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Soren's Multi-Purpose Exercise and Weighloss Journal!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anhedonic Hedonist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:32 am
Hiya, I'm Soren, I turn 15 July 29, and I am about five foot five. The past couple of months my weight has mysteriously fluctuated from 150 to 174 lbs (which was about a week ago) and I'm five foot five. So, according to the BMI, I'm anything from slightly overweight to "at risk of beoming overweight".

I'm a female to male transsexual, which plays a huge role in why I want to lose weight. I'm still living as a female, and I probably will until I'm 17 or 18. And I'm very insecure about my body. I'm hoping that weight loss will help my body look slightly more masculine, until I can start testosterone and build more muscle.

Problem Areas:
Chest! I'm hoping some of it is fat, and that if I lose weight it'll shrink a little.
Arms are pathetically flabby and weak, I have no upper body strength.
Shoulders/back are two areas I'm also obsessed with.
Abdominals are very weak, and my stomach used to be flatter, still a little fatty, but it didn't stick out, and now it produces a slight bulge.
Bum/thighs are where most of the fat is, scream I want them gone!!!!!
My calves are actually alright.

Reasons for Wanting to Lose Weight/Become Healthy/Active:
To look more masculine, and just plain better.
To perform daily tasks better.
To be healthy.
To be happy, as I am clinically depressed, and exercise always helps.
To live longer.
To have fun! I don't have anything better to do, and it might be kinda fun.

Reasons Why Past Attempts Have All Failed:
1. I dive right into it for the first couple of days and go overboard.
2. I lose motivation.
3. I have NOT made my intentions clear to the world.

It WILL Work This Time Because:
1. I am telling people about my plans, in hopes that if I slow down, they'll give me a good kick in the a**.
2. I am not diving into it, and I have decided I'm not even going to change my diet for the first couple of weeks, just monitor it and see what my problems are, and try to cut back. Hopefully, when I notice the progress in my exercise, the motivation to eat better will follow.
3. It's summer, and I have all of the time in the world. (Note: I do NOT plan to stop when summer ends, this is hopefully a lifechanging thing.)

Tomorrow I Will:
1. Try and find something to measure myself with, to take weekly/monthly measurements.
2. Be going to the movies with my good friends Jade and Shelton (who has quickly become one of my best friends, I can tell him ANYTHING... and I'm hopelessly infatuated with him! xd ) But so I probably won't be eating much.
3. Ride my bike, hopefully a mile. Also, when I wake up- jumping jacks, pushups, crunches, lunges, etc. for a few minutes. I find that they help me "wake up" if I do them after getting up and a quick stretch.

I'm not going to place a big emphasis on the stupid scale for awhile. You know, I'm more concerned with how my body looks and feels, and how my clothes fit. If I gained two pounds after a month, but I've progressed quickly with my exercising and I feel alot better, I know I'm not exactly screwing up, and I may need to alter my diet, but it won't really be a step backward.

Also, with my diet, I eat alot when I'm bored, and I eat an awful lot of meat and microwavable foods (which are often more convienient). I'm also guilty of a low amount of veggies (but I've improved IMMENSELY over the past few months... and have discovered that with ginger dressing salad= NUM NUM NUM domokun .... even without meat!!!!!) and eating sugary poptart s**t for breakfast.

I think by learning to take a bit of effort into preparing my own breakfasts/lunches (my mom packed my lunch at school this year) I can better control what I'm eating. I also tend to "graze" alot. So between breakfast and a small lunch I eat a blueberry nutra grain bar and have a bottle of water (yeah... the entire bottle... I drink a great amount of water biggrin ), then when I get home from school, another.

Blueberry nutragrain bars are yummy, but maybe I can use this as a way to eat more veggies, and use those as a treat.

4laugh I start tomorrow! Hasta manana!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:44 am
Most likely diet will take away fat from your chest area :3

It's good that you're not too concerned with the scale. Muscle weighs more than fat so if you're mostly concerned with getting toned and building muscle the scale might hold you back.

I haven't had blueberry Nutrigrain bars but I loooove Luna bars.

Good luck! biggrin You're gonna make it!  

Starlurk

Anhedonic Hedonist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:55 pm
whee Thanks for the encouragment, dearie. And go get a blueberry nutragrain bar. Or any generic brand. domokun  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:19 am
omg ginger salad dressing redface it sounds delicious....

i know nothing about those nutrigrain bars, but i always found the cereal quite sugary so you may want to check what's in the bars. Of course i could be completely off track and nutrigrain may mean something different to you than it does to me xp

and good luck! looks like you have nice specific goals, you can do it ^-^  

Iconised Ghost

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces