Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
are Asians close-minded about music? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SnowR

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:39 pm
i know some asians that like strictly hip-hop, and some that like hard core rock. i know laos that likes j-pop, and chinese that likes chinese itself. its really mixed what music u like, dont be ashamed at all if wat u listen to is different then people around you  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:54 am
Henry: oh well, I guess I'm not a true music appreciator then.
but then again, I don't listen to much punk rock either. I tried so hard to get into it, but eh. It's just not my type. The only punk rock band that I've been able to like is The Ramones.

The same goes with funk, techno, blues, etc. I like trance though, lol. xD
but I am open to genres that I haven't listened to before and see if I like them. (such as the ones listed above, lol).

okay so I clicked on the Rascal Flatts youtube link.

so that's what you meant by "turn the volume" down.
they sound really good. it sounds more like country rock though, but whatever. hmm so I guess I will be going more into the country genre.

I think it was the bluegrass genre that I didn't like, lol. ^^; I heard that it's differenty from country.

actually come to think about it, the same thing happened to me with hip-hop. I almost forgot about the old school becuase of this new influx of GAGSTAA hip-hop that was so popular back in middle school. I hated it. until a friend of mine introduced me to Samurai Champloo...lol xD;

Jelai

EnoughisEnoughisEnough

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:00 pm
I don't listen to much of the rock/pop stuff from asia, just cuz I never sought it out and none of my friends really listen to it. Not to say I don't like it, some of it's cool-- I just never got into it. I do like the Pillows, Monkey Majik, and some anime songs...

I usually listen to a lot of alternative, indie stuff...indie pop haha.
Islands, The Republic Tigers, Andrew Bird, Broken Social Scene, Sufjan Stevens, What Made Milwaukee Famous...etc etc.

Bands/artists I've always loved: Blur, Gorillaz, Sufjan Stevens, Django Reinhardt, Jamiroquai, Anton Karas, Jimi Hendrix, Kings of Leon, Wolfmother, Caribou, Patrick Wolf, They Might Be Giants, The Flaming Lips. A lot I can't remember at the moment.

I've also been listening to a lot of ethnic/gypsy-ish sounding bands like Gorgol Bordello, Beirut (don't know if that counts), Balkan Beat Box.

My boyfriend got me back into jazz and ragtime, cuz for a while Kenny G ruined saxophones for me. (Check out Squirrel Nut Zippers) Also acoustic and instrumental stuff. Electronic stuff is cool too, like MGMT.

I'm a violinist hahahahastereotypehahah, so classical is bueno.

Basically anything that sounds cool to me, I will like.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:38 pm
I personally don't listen to country music alot. I do like rock, classic, alternative, techno, trance..alot. As long as the beat or the song is meangingful, i'ts good music. Which I don't find alot, especially on the radio. My cousin however, only listen to Visial Kei or j-rock because he thinks american music sucks.  

Moon_Child08

Iseru Dryves

5,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:51 am
I don't really have a favorite type of genre for music, although most of my favorites are J-rock & Visual Kei artists. I'm also a fan of K-pop and C-pop.

I don't listen to American music much anymore even when everyone around me does and picks on me occasionally because of it. Especially one of my supposedly close friends.. she's nice.. but she gets really biased and becomes a b***h when it comes to stuff like anime and asian music. She treats it like a disease and I have the urge to smack her every time she runs her mouth. I mean, yeah I know you don't like it and I'm not holding it against you but would you at least remember that I'm still around, and I like them? >__>

On the other hand, I also like listening to classical music on occasion.. and I.. uh.. yes, I play the violin. ^^;

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:31 pm
I'm not sure the school u go to, but of course all places have their own general peer preferences, my high school (which I recently graduated from) everyone had their own views in music, i was among many that listened to everything. every day u'd see me down the halls with my ipod on listening to:

r&b
hip hop
piano
rock
rap
classical
trance
techno
etc.

: from any country in all languages.

the asian kids in my school are very diverse and have very open minds, very open perspectives about music. dont' let other people insult you about the music you listen to. that person just doesn't seem to have an open mind about people and the way "people" work. you're fine, don't worry about it.  

soyXsauce

Jelai

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:56 am
Moon_Child08
I personally don't listen to country music alot. I do like rock, classic, alternative, techno, trance..alot. As long as the beat or the song is meangingful, i'ts good music. Which I don't find alot, especially on the radio. My cousin however, only listen to Visial Kei or j-rock because he thinks american music sucks.

^ "...because he thinks american music sucks."

that's a pretty typical reason. XD

(which I do admit to agreeing; most American music does suck)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:49 am
I try to stay open-minded with music as much as possible. I can tolerate only so much of country though. Right now, I'm mainly listening to indie, alternative/electronic, and hip hop (N.E.R.D.'s new album). I really like classical music, although lately I haven't really been listening to it much. I tolerate JROCK, JPOP, R&B, and Rap because I used to listen to it myself. My best friend is pretty close-minded when it comes to music. Whenever she comes to my house, she gets on my computer and scopes through my playlist. By her facial expressions, I can tell she doesn't like it very much. She also tells me she thinks I listen to weird music. :[ She mainly listens to mainstream music that she sees/listens to on TV.  

Whoremonal

Anima2nboy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:02 pm
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

I wish I could be love,
Then I could be
All over the world.

Pssh. talk2hand you guys are all whiners. Go home.
except for snowr. He's cool. Especially that last line he said.
I'll remember to love,
You taught me how.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:25 pm
im NOT!
dont listen2 those jerks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They're SO JEALOUS they aren't asian!ASIAN PRIDE ALL DA WAY!!!
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
fahrenheit/fei lun hai rules! ASIAN PRIDE!!!!!!!!!  

tuzibunnylee

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces