Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Music Discussion
Music That Feeds Your Emotions... Normal?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does the style of music you listen to 'EASILY' bend with your emotions?
  Always
  Never
  Sometimes
View Results

Prince_Padraic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:49 am
Okay, well i don't know how normal this is, or how safe it is... But i have a vast vast plathera of music that i enjoy listening to, and i recently discovered that the main reason is probably because, well, the style of music i listen to bends to fit the emotion i am feeling. For instance:

-Happy: Relient K
-Sad: My Chemical Romance
-Hyper: Psychostick
-Angry:Slipknot

Those aren't limited to what i listen to depnding on my emotions, just examples. Now... I've also noticed that when i am feeling a certain emotion... That listening to music that suits my emotions heightens the feeling of that specific emotion... And I'm worried if that can be dangerous. For instance.. If I'm depressed... And listening to music that also makes me depressed... like 'No Lise, Just Love' by Bright Eys... Then i might cry a lot more then i normally would... My thoughts might be even darker... Or When i am really angry; listening to 'People=s**t' by Slipknot only makes me more violent... Like... Maybe if i wasn't listening to that song at that time, my knuckles wouldn't be bleeding from punching walls and trees so much... Anyhow.. You get the idea...

I just thought here we could discuss certain bands/ songs that pertain to how we feel during certain times, and also discuss whether or not we feel it is normal, or safe if emotions so easily sway the feel of music we are listening to.

Thank you for reading, I am eager to here your opnions.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:29 pm
The album Mmhmm by Relient K makes me happy. Good Christian stuff.  

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

XxlostXxinXxdarknessXx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:58 pm
Music does the same thing to me  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:48 pm
when i play certian songs on my viola, i get in the mood. When i played Nina, i always got sad....its an operetta about a guy finding his girl dead...

LoL, when i listed to MCR music i think a lot, about current events and the worlds problems!  

Lulianii

XxXxThanatosxXxX

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:39 pm
yeah, i know exactly what that's like
sometimes music actually starts my emotions up (i'm emotionless sometimes, and music helps me with that)
hawthorne heights is always a good one to listen to when you wanna' feel something, and simple plan  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:16 pm
me, too. That always happens, I listen to Slipknot and I suddenly want to punch someone in the god damned face... or Suicide Silence... they both work for anger...

Shiny Toy Guns makes me reeeaaallllyyyy happy.

BFMV, SOAD, MSI, Children of Bodom, and NIN make me hyper.

I don't know why.. but when I listen to Scary Kids Scaring Kids or 36 Crazy Fists.. I get just a little sad..

this one might be alittle weird... but after I listen to The Black Parade album by My Chemical Romance, I wanna be heroic and do something good or nice to some random person...  

there was a silence

Moonlight Agony

Lonely Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:40 pm
Music is nothing more then something to listen to.
I changes nothing in me or my mood, nor do I listen to anything based on my mood.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:24 pm
I think that's pretty normal to have your music change with your mood. I'd think it not normal if you listened to sad stuff when you are happy. Like if thing's are really crappy, I might listen to Marching Bands of Manhattan by Death Cab, but when I'm in a really happy mood, I'd rather listen to something like Perfect Teeth by Motion City.  

Itchy_Ichigo_12321

wiccan of the moon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:35 pm
Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns n' Roses always makes me sad. I dunno why.....  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:35 am
twisted My fave band is Papa Roach. twisted  

Scarlett_Vow13

Music Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas