Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Official Post Your Progress Guild*~ Writers Support!

Back to Guilds

We support fellow writers by tracking and displaying word and page counts. 

Tags: Writing, Write, Poetry, Novels, Stories 

Reply Plot/Character/Genre Discussion
Writing Science Fiction Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SugarRos
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:18 am
saint_savin
I'm working on getting some Card right now! I want to see what all of the fuss is about. mrgreen

Yay! You'll love it!

I'm currently reading Way of the Wolf by E. E. Knight, and so far it's awesome. Set in the year 2065, and book one of The Vampire Earth (which so far has six books, methinks).

Anyway, I had my doubts (mainly because it had the words 'wolf' and 'vampire' on the front cover), but I read through the first chapter at borders and it was amazing.

Has anyone else read them?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:24 am
I think my favorite sci-fi author is William Gibson.  

sally_black

SugarRos
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:22 pm
So I just finished reading Dune. It was recommended to me via my mother and a few other friends, but I just couldn't get into it due to the lack of area discription. Yes, I could visualize planet Dune as a whole, but smaller areas, where the characters lived, etc, the background discription I found lacking.

Also, I didn't think the book got very exciting until about two thirds of the way through.

...Anyone else read dune?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:27 pm
I actually don't enjoy reading science fiction as much as I enjoy watching it. Unless it is in comic form. Otherwise, I have yet to come across a science fiction novel, that wasn't based around Star Wars or some other popularized franchise. I prefer to read other genres. However, I love role playing and writing science fiction (steampunk, bio/cyberpunk, space opera are my favorite sub-genres.) I'm working on a space opera of my own.  

Roslind

SugarRos
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:18 pm
Oooh, space opera. Cool!

Writing Sci-fi is hard for me, and I admit that the hardest part is the 'sci' in 'sci-fi'. ^^;

I am just no good with futuristic technology, let me tell you. T.T  
Plot/Character/Genre Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces