Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
I wish this guild were more active...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Savvy Bee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:58 pm
User Image

This is the only weight loss guild I could find! There are so many members... where are they? crying

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:08 pm
Losing weight! XD

No but I agree with you, I love this guild (I haven't been active cause my computer crashed, hah!) I used to check on it 3 times a day waiting for activity. XP  

Starlurk

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:30 pm
There aren't a lot of members making new topics.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:37 pm
User Image

It's so much easier to stay motivated when you've got people to talk to. And in an online group that has weight loss as its purpose it's a lot easier to find people who are feeling what you're feeling. You know?

But I do sincerely hope that no one's here because they are out losing weight! 3nodding

User Image

Savvy Bee

alwyscrying240

5,300 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:25 am
I'm not as active in this guild as I want to be.

I know what you mean, I love the support of other losers. =]  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:54 am
the journals are pretty active. Im online a lot, but i suppose i am just not one to start a topic sweatdrop i think it might have been better if the general discussion was the main forum rather than a subforum, but thats just me  

Iconised Ghost

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:49 am
Yep, we're (I hope) out there enjoying the changing season, digging the first of springtime for the Northern Hemisphere or squeaking out the last warmth of autumn for those in the Southern Hemisphere.

For me, I'm walking a lot more. I used to take a bus 0.75 miles, then another bus for 1.2 miles, then the train for about 8 miles to work every day, then get off the train and walk the remaining half-mile. Now I walk the first 0.75 miles. I'm thinking that by autumn, I'll instead take the FIRST bus, then walk 1.2 miles instead of taking the second bus.

On the way home, I used to walk 0.5 miles to the train station, train 8 miles north, bus 1.2 miles, then bus 0.75 miles. Now I'm up to taking the train north 8 miles, then walking the whole 1.95 miles home (unless the weather is totally cruel, in which case I'll bus if I just can't take it). I don't mind being exhausted and sweaty when I get home and can shower, but I hate being sweaty on the way to work.

Still, that means I've gone from walking 0.5 mile every morning, to walking 1.25 miles in the morning (0.75 miles before bus/train and 0.5 miles after), and from 0.5 mile in the afternoon up to 2.45 miles (0.5 mile before the train and 1.95 after train), for a total of 3.7 miles of walking per day, three days a week (I work in the office three days).

Then on Thursday I walk to and from the grocery store, about 1.8 miles each way. Fridays I walk to the vegetable market, only about 0.5 mile each way, then bus to the grocery store and back so that I can get everything ready and clean house, and not be exhausted by the time fancy-schmancy Friday dinner rolls around.

Saturday, I walk about 1.1 mile to synagogue and back. Sunday, my RLSO and I generally take a more leisurely, go-nowhere stroll at some point, after finishing up whatever housework didn't get done Friday.

So, yeah. I'm more active than I used to be, by far. I used to walk one block to the bus and get off right outside my office, so this is a strong improvement. Oh, and I now walk up the stairs to my third floor apartment, instead of taking the elevator up to my former 11th floor apartment. I totally pwn!  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games