Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you like this book?
  I don't like it, I LOVE IT!
  Okay
  Hated it
  I'd like to know what we are talking about.
View Results

Eragon-12015

13,225 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:53 pm
I read this book too after a friend recommended it to me. I thought it was very good for a debut novel. It is by Sam Enthoven and it's about this ancient demon named the Scourge and trying to wake this ancient dragon, the creator of everything. He wants to wake the dragon to bring the world into utter and everlasting darkness. Now, there are these people who have been training to destroy the Scourge and they are plunged into this adventure. They go and try to find it but it inhabits someone. When it inhabits someone it forms as this living tattoo on that persons body. So they travel between Hell and the earth searching for it but they don't realize that it's right in front of there noses. I won't tell you anymore because I don't want to spoil it. Although I probably already have because I'm not very good at retelling what a story's about. So if it doesn't sound interesting I didn't do it any justice. I really think you should read it. Here's a picture.The Black Tattoo Cover  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:40 pm
I read half of it before I lost interest. It had quite a bit of promise, but something was missing for me...  

RebelFire-Reset

Wissakins

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:59 am
I looked at this book in the bookstore a couple months ago. If I hadn't already had a stack of things I was buying, I'd have picked it up. Going to have to wait now. No bookstores close to where I'm living. ;;  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:58 pm
Wissakins
I looked at this book in the bookstore a couple months ago. If I hadn't already had a stack of things I was buying, I'd have picked it up. Going to have to wait now. No bookstores close to where I'm living. ;;

I bet there's a copy on ebay... I'd put mine up, but I already tried selling it a couple times :/  

RebelFire-Reset

Wissakins

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:54 am
Well, I'm living in the UK and the postal service here sucks. So I tend to not try to buy things that will be going through the regular mail. They keep getting lost. ;;  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:44 pm
sad
That's sad  

RebelFire-Reset

Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out