Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Wii would like you to loose weight. >_O Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starlurk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:14 am
You guys make me want Wii Fit soooooo bad. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:27 pm
man... I so want a wii and wiifit :/ but their just so expensive for me at the moment D:

though I did ask for both for my birthday XD I basically was asking my mom the sun and the moon 8D;;  

Strawberry Calpico

Kay-VW

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:12 pm
Can anyone tell me about how much its costs? It sounds kind of fun, I may have to run out and go get it.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:14 pm
about $150 altogether.  

Soi Tsuba

Starlurk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:14 pm
Wow I thought it was waaay more than that. I might start thinking about getting one again.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:39 pm
The wiifit itself cost me 100$ canadian. I don't own the wii in my house, but I use it for free.  

Lady Schist

Kasumi Kama

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:52 pm
I love the WiiFit! I try to use it every day. I really like the yoga, as well as the balance games. I usually do Wiifit, followed by a bunch of DDR. WiiFit is nice, because it graphs your weight gains and losses, and it has a really accurate scale. There's balance games on it too, and they're so fun xd I used to only play the balance games..but..that was before I was determined to lose weight. ._.

Besides tracking weight, it helps with your posture, as well. There are activities where it will tell you where and why your balance is off, and gives you tips on how to improve.

They're also releasing a new game for the Wii Balance Board called "My Fitness Coach" that I'm really looking forward to. It comes out on Dec. 2. I definitely don't have the money for it (I spent all my money this past weekend ><,) but I want to get it eventually. For anyone who's interested, here's a link ^_^ linky

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:20 am
That sounds cool, but I don't know that I have the money for it, also, my house is a bad place for exercise with people in it all the time.  

Lady Schist

Strawberry Calpico

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:26 pm
my family got the wiifit today X3 its really fun to see how bad my balance is XDD though I like the fact that I can do Yoga in private and not have anyone laugh at me 8D  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:46 pm
ok correct me if im wrong,

i heard that the wii fit will only help people that cant excersize that well, but if you are a teenager who is not all that big and can excersize the wii fit wont do that much.  

joshua2486

Starlurk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:16 pm
joshua2486
ok correct me if im wrong,

i heard that the wii fit will only help people that cant excersize that well, but if you are a teenager who is not all that big and can excersize the wii fit wont do that much.

I've heard that the WiiFit isn't the best exercise and that just running is probably better. But the honest truth is there are young people out there like me, who may not be big but still can't run two feet without dying. XD

I was very lucky to get WiiFit this Christmas and even though the results might not be best for my type I'm hoping that playing the games on top of weight lifting will really help me out.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:28 am
I bought a Wii Fit with my Christmas money and my boyfriend bought us [read: me xD ] a Wii.

First off, depending on how severe your weight problems are - check the box. My boyfriend can't actually play because he exceeds the weight limit for the Balance Board, so that part kinda sucks.

I like it. Unlike what some users have said - it is pretty easy to cheat on, but what's the point. I like the balance and aerobic games, especially the rhythm ones. Some of the yoga poses are pretty hard for me right now, some of them are really easy. I definitely need practice in the strength department, but it's all fun! I can't hula to save my life though! xD

I don't think it's meant to be the only exercise someone gets, but it's something that's fun and gets you moving. Since the little games are so short, even the one called aerobic don't really last long enough to be considered "true" aerobic exercise.

My cat is freaked out by the Balance Board for some reason though. Whenever I pull it out, he has a fit. He dives at my feet when I'm trying to play, and as soon as I step off, he thinks its his turn or something. It was cute at first, now it's just old. xD  

Auntie Viral

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games