Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:08 pm
I'll be honest, I expected a hostile response.
Not that I am trying to get under your skin.
I am simply concerned that you are going to throw out God's teachings and leave yourself SOL when your time here is done.

I will not pretend to know what your real thoughts and feelings are on the topic or where your motivations come from. I simply want you to be aware of it yourself. A lot of people DO gloss over some things in the Bible because it makes them uncomfortable. Because it convicts them. They will find all kinds of ways to justify it. And they probably don't even realize the real reasons why. And believe me, I well understand the tempation to do so. It's just something for you to be consider. I need no answer from you, this is really between you and God. Just wanna make sure you have made a wise and prayerful decision, for your own good.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:36 pm
If you take a look at the OT as a whole you'll see a major theme: Man's inability to follow God's established Law.

From Adam and Eve, to the events in Exodus, and throughout all of the Judges this is true.

In the NT, specifically the Sermon on the Mount in Matthew, Jesus is taking that impossible standard of God's, or Absolute Ideal for Righteousness, and making it harder to follow.

Take a look at the two greatest commandments: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind" and "You shall love your enemy as you love yourself". If you really look at those two commandments, how easy are they to follow?

God set up this Absolute Ideal for man knowing we would be unable to follow it.

But then He introduced his Absolute Grace through Jesus.

Yes, the OT and NT are amazing standards to strive to follow to live righteous lives, but when you fail to meet that standard everyday like I do, Grace is there lift you back on your feet again. And it is that Grace that saves you.  

Combat Chuckles

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:52 pm
Wow ... that's ... beautiful. eek Very well-put. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:24 pm
Thank you. Though for being a Christian many years now I've only just begun to understand this.

On a side note, I no longer have access to the sub-forums. Probably my lack of activity on the guild forums caused this, but if I could be given access again I would be grateful.

EDIT: Never mind, I just read the announcement on the main forums.  

Combat Chuckles

Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces