Working Out

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:30 pm
Gaston had been at it for nearly an hour and a half now, a multitude of strength training, agility, and flexibility exercises to get him accomplished in a fighting style he hadn't used in well over a century.

After finishing a healthy seet of leg presses, the Immortal stands and towels off some of the sweat coating his body. Taking up position at the end of a training mat, he gives a good stretch from head to toe before proceeding to do a series of backflips that takes him the entire length of DeSalvo's training floor.

After working out the details with MacLeod, Gaston had decided to choose a workout time when the studio was fairly empty so as not to distrub the other patrons. Pausing long enough to catch his breath,Gaston forward flips this time to put himself back at the starting point. He repeats this exercise five times before taking a long drag from a water bottle.

With that series done, the Immortal retrieves his scimitar to begin practicing a few katas, allowing himself to wind down a bit.  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:51 pm
MacLeod rode down the lift, a towel thrown over his bare shoulder and his sheathed katana in one muscular hand. He felt the fresh buzz as the car passed the halfway point, and instinctively came alert even though he knew it must be Gaston.

Stepping off the lift, Mac came to where he could see the Cajun Immortal working the phases of a kata, and smiled. He knew the other was aware of him, so he didn't say anything, just dropped the towel on a bench and drew his sword, leaving the sheath beside the towel.

After a moment of watching the other man's rhythm, he smoothly fell into a mirror image of Gaston, working through the kata in tandem. Muscles bunched smoothly under tan skin, and soon there was a healthy sheen of sweat gilding both men.  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:29 pm
With the sounds of the lift preceeding the typical buzz, Gaston was aware of Duncan's coming. He didn't break the rhythm of the exercise, although his senses too came fully alert. Even though MacLeod was a friend, two hundred years of experience would more than teach an Immortal to be cautious.

As Duncan joins him, Gaston continues his performance of the kata...the long fogotten muscle memory of this particular fighting form coming back slowly but surely. In the past few decades, Gaston had bulked up a bit, moving from the graceful and elegant movements of a rapier fighter to the much less subtle forms of heavier sword play...that and Gaston will be the first to admit enjoying the intimidation factor that comes from being able to pick an opponent up by the face.

A short time later, Gaston finished performing the last form of the kata. Lowering the tip of his scimitar, Gaston gave himself a good stretch from head to toe, enjoying the fatigued, yet oddly energetic feel of muscles that had been worked hard. Shaking his shoulders out a bit, he turns to MacLeod, giving a smile in greeting.

"Good afternoon, MacLeod." He says, reaching for his water bottle. "I have to say, I like the dojo. Very well laid out."  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:25 pm
"Thanks," MacLeod answered, toweling off his face. He had noticed with interest the extra layers of muscle Gaston had built up recently, making the Cajun look even bigger than Mac, and yet he had not sacrificed much of his mobility. It was an admirable accomplishment.

"You're lucky the place is closed today," he continued, even as the lift suddenly left the ground floor for the loft with a clanking jolt. "Usually it's pretty busy this time of day."

[OOC: Let's say Duncan trusted Gaston with a key to the front door.]  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:05 pm
Gaston nods a bit as he begins toweling himself off also. "Yeah, I figured it'd be wise to start coming in when there was less of a crowd. I've been trying hard lately to avoid the public displays of carnage I've become known for recently."

He grins slightly as he tosses his towel around his shoulders. "Don't tell Adam, but I may be starting to mature a bit."

The sounds of the lift get his attention briefly, but he's not anticipating anything threatening coming up.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:22 pm
"I don't know as Adam would know maturity if he saw it," Duncan chuckled, "but I, for one, appreciate it." He inclined his head toward where the lift was continuing upward to pick up whoever had summoned it from the loft. "Besides, that's probably lazy-bones now, wondering why I didn't put on a pot of coffee."  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:32 pm
Gaston laughs. "You're lucky...you didn't have to learn from him. Did you know he managed to sucker me into keeping a fridge stocked specifically with his favorite beer down at my place in New Orleans?"

Moving over to the small duffel he brought with him, Gaston finishes towelling off his chest and arms before tugging on an old Beatles concert shirt...more than likely a good forty years old knowing Immortals. He nods towards the lift. "I've given up on trying to sneak up on him and play some kind of joke in situations like this. Old man knows them all, I tell you."  
Highlander Roleplaying - Free Form

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games