Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
stress munchies

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:58 am
I have 2 days of school left. I have 1 research project that is a week late. I've given up on that one, I'm failing that class anyway. I have a paper that's 2 or 3 weeks late. That teacher is actually fairly slack, I could technically hand it in and get some kind of mark for it, but it's not worth much to begin with. I have a project for the same teacher, worth 40% of my mark, due today, it's suppose to be 7 pages long, I've got 1 1/2 so far and it took me 3hrs to get that far. I have a final exam in a couple hours as well and my gym journal is due today. Since gym (and 2 other classes) are not a worry, I'm just going to hand that in tomorrow, only 1 day late.

Yesterday, as I tried to work on my paper, I constantly needed to chew something in order to focus. I had a couple bowls of cereal for breakfast, that part is actually normal, then the munching began. I started out with two chicken wraps (lunch) then I had a bag of chips, chocolate covered blueberries, a banana, I chewed on my water bottle for a while. I tried to drink water to keep occupied. I drank 2.5 liters during the 3hrs I worked on my project. Then I had chicken nuggets and mini quiches, then I ate a half a chicken burger and a hamburger.

gonk  
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:20 am
I get that too, I have a terrible day and all I want to do is come home and stuff myself with the unhealthies. I need to figure out a way to stop myself from that.  

Lady Schist

Groovy Spleen
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:05 am
Get lots of very chewy, or hard to eat things.
Dried fruits, homemade fruit leather, chewwing gum.
Or pmegranites, they take forever to eat because you have to peel out all the tiny seeds to eat them.

I think lot's of healthy, time consuming snacks could help.

Just keep reminding yourself that an sudden extra 5lbs of weight is only going to add MORE stress to your life!

Stress eating is a nasty habit to break, but you can do it!!!  
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:10 pm
Groovy Spleen
Get lots of very chewy, or hard to eat things.
Dried fruits, homemade fruit leather, chewwing gum.
Or pmegranites, they take forever to eat because you have to peel out all the tiny seeds to eat them.

I think lot's of healthy, time consuming snacks could help.

Just keep reminding yourself that an sudden extra 5lbs of weight is only going to add MORE stress to your life!

Stress eating is a nasty habit to break, but you can do it!!!

thanks, I tried gum, but it doesn't work. Today I stopped at the dreaded munch box and ate 2 pogos and a poutine crying . I just want to jog I feel so crappy but I don't have time. It'll all be over tomorrow hopefully. I'll hand in the rest of my stuff and then I have plenty of free time to whip myself back into shape. Not to mention I got a job as a bike patroller so I'll be biking all summer.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:51 am
i was going to suggest gum but u already tried that >.<

Have you tried celery sticks? They're really chewy, and crunchy mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:33 am
Try healthier snacks, such as fresh fruit or vegetables.  

Kay-VW

dont-forget

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:28 am
Oh i know how you feel! my online class' are all due, i just got done with AP art and so much more is going on!

Mint and peppermint candies help me, the flavor is said to make you feel full, so i'll suck on a few but i limit how many i have sence it is candy. Mint tea too! just bewaer late at night, some tea's have cafine and i'm sure you want sleep.  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:25 am
Hee. I've got a friend/co-worker who says "I'll stop stress-eating when you people stop stressing me out." However, she also says that if she's stress-eating strawberries, she's still losing weight, so she's not really fussed about it.

Stress-eating is a hard habit to break. Choose ONE way to go about it: Either don't stress-eat at all; or substitute a healthy stress-snack (like strawberries or celery); or substitute a new stress-habit, like doing five situps instead of reaching for a snack. Even just five situps or jumping-jacks would take the edge off the stress.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games