Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Sabotage!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabotage?
  yup, the world is designed to make me fail
  yup, friends and family not supportive
  BOTH!
  What are you talking about? everyone supports me and the world is perfect
View Results

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:59 am
Ever feel like people are purposely trying to make you fail? My college is the worst place to be if your on a diet. There are vending machines in every building, selling nothing but soft drinks , chocolate and chips. The cafeteria is in a separate building, you have to go through what we call "The arctic circle" to get there. It's this hall way that that connects the buildings but it's not heated in winter nor air condition in summer but school is over by May. There are no classes in that building so it's a pain to go there for lunch. Then in the middle of the college you have the dreaded Much box. It's right smack in the middle so it's not only convenient, I pass by it all the time and I can smell it from my photo class. Of course all they sell is hamburger, hot dogs, fries and POUTINE (my ultimate weakness).

On a more serious note, my mother seriously does try to sabotage me. She's over weight, and she's tried to lose it many times. I tried to encourage her but the longest she ever stuck with it was 2 months. After I graduated High School, I lost about 25lbs , I know it's not much, but I am 5'7 and I was 160, now I'm around 140. I shed off all that body fat and I gained a lot of muscle mass, so I lost major inches. She hasn't been supportive in the least. She takes me to places like McDonalds all the time. She brings home my favorite deserts and is constantly like the little devil on my shoulder telling me it's not gonna kill me to have some desert and you don't need to loose anymore weight.

Ever feel like the world is designed to make you fail. (consumerism)
Ever feel like your friends or family don't want you to succeed?  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:05 am
I know what you mean about the world being designed for you to fail. My college has the crappiest food when you are trying to lose weight and their healthy selections taste like..we won't go there.

But I don't have the problem with my friends or family. My parents want me to lose weight but they go about it in the wrong way. Both are over weight and have tried to lose but can never stick to a diet, so I have trouble.

My friends though, they are amazing. We are all trying to lose weight separately this summer and are going to continue when we get back to college.  

Aranel-Raina

Starlurk

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:01 am
I have a friend who does it unintentionally, and my boyfriend's mom won't accept that I'm dieting when I eat at her place and will pour me soda even if I ask her not to. x_X  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:43 pm
My college is the same way most of the time. We're pretty big, so you can usually find something healthy. What sucks for me though its the fact that I work in a coffee shop. I'm constantly surrounded by dough nuts, croissants, and super sugary drinks.

My parents are supportive though, I don't really share a whole lot with them. My dad kind of teases when I measure out my salad dressing, but it's no biggie.  

contemptus saeculi

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:26 pm
My uncle is a big guy, and always asks me if I want something 'more substantial' if we go out to dinner when we go out to dinner if I order a soup/salad or just a salad.

He also pushes for desert a lot.

My HUSBAND! ALWAYS ******** ALWAYS... it's ok. You can eat that, it's fine.

Mur.  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:54 am
i know what you mean about the world being against you too >.< but it kinda makes me angry when ppl try to feed me stuff i know i dont want, and that encourages me not to eat it ^_^ My friends would be pretty supportive if i told them i was trying to lose weight. My family probably would too, but they wouldnt diet with me so the food would still be in the house. So i guess thats not that supportive >.<  

Iconised Ghost

Kay-VW

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:35 am
I know, I get that all the time. gonk The worst is the fact that my mom is constantly baking things like cookies, brownies, and stuff like that >.<  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:22 am
Always junk food in the house, I work in the food industry, my boyfriend is constantly asking me if I'm hungry, my mom get's mad because I neevr eat with her... we have opposite schedules, so she cooks and leaves it out for me (after I already ate when I was hungry earlier)  

ol_evil_eye_Riddle_box

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:50 am
Iconised Ghost
i know what you mean about the world being against you too >.< but it kinda makes me angry when ppl try to feed me stuff i know i dont want, and that encourages me not to eat it ^_^ My friends would be pretty supportive if i told them i was trying to lose weight. My family probably would too, but they wouldnt diet with me so the food would still be in the house. So i guess thats not that supportive >.<

Well I don't expect anyone to diet with me. I don't think that's fair. But it would be nice if they could just hide their junk food from me, so the temptation isn't there. Or at least stop pushing for me to eat it!  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games