Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
For Myself.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Can I Do It?
  Yes! Duh.
  Maybe...
  Nope, you are doomed to 22s forever.
View Results

Aranel-Raina

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:31 pm
For Myself

If you want to post in here and talk to me, go ahead. I don't mind.

Stats

Height: 5'7
Weight: 250 (estimation)
Shirt Size: 18-22
Pants: 22

Goals

1. Reach a weight I will be comfortable with, I know the BMI says I should weight around 130 but that's crap. I have a large frame and will never be healthy under 150. So I figure I will settle for somewhere around 170.

2. Learn to live a healthier lifestyle.

3. Exercise Regularly

4. Learn to love who I am, despite my weight.
(This took me a long time but I did it. )

Rules
...I will invent these as I go.

About Me

Lets start with the basics shall we? My name is Sarah, I'm 20 years old and I am going to be a junior in college come fall. I have two majors, Business Management and Psychology.

I have never been in a relationship but have walked into guy trouble many times. Most of it in this past year. cry

I live for myself but I love the people around me. They are my support system and I would be completely and utterly lost without them.

It was recently brought up to me that there is a high chance I have Bi-polar disorder. This would explain a lot, believe me. whee

I have been overweight since I hit puberty which is most likely when the aforementioned disorder more than likely surfaced.

Why I Want to Lose Weight

This is an important section for me for one reason. I could never get the motivation to lose weight in the past. It has always been something I would start trying to do then stop. This past semester at college I finally figured out why.

I wanted to lose weight for the wrong reasons. Most of them had to do with what others thought of me and what would happen if I lost the weight.

Sum: I wanted to lose weight because I wanted people to like me and I wanted to be popular.
sweatdrop *sheepish* sweatdrop

Yea, that was dumb of me I know. It just took me a long time to realize that.

So what changed? I came to the realization that if people only liked me because I was skinny and not because of my amazing personality, we had issues. cause let me tell you, I am amazing. That's not being conceited. It's the truth.

I have decided I want to lose weight for no one but myself. Thus the title. I want to be healthier. I also want to wear the pretty clothes.
Is anyone else indignant about the fact that they can make amazing maternity clothing but can't make fat people clothes look good?!

So I am going to try my damnedest to become the person I want to be.

I can do it, I know it. It is just going to be a freaking up hill battle with lead weights tied to my body. stressed

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:04 am
ooo i majored in psych too! mrgreen good luck!  

Iconised Ghost

Aranel-Raina

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:39 am
I didn't just disappear, I swear. I haven't had internet most of the summer cause I have been staying in an apartment. XD

So I have lost some weight. I don't know how much. I just know that I had to buy new jeans cause my other ones won't stay on my hips (and I have big hips).

On another note, I can't stay on for long but I wanted to mention that I will be able to update this more when I get back to school. Which I am very very excited for. I told my five besties there to ride my butt about watching what I eat and going to the gym. I KNOW I will be able to do it and I am so excited for the changes that are coming in my life.

Aranel  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:03 pm
So this time I did completely drop off the face of the planet. I want to say it was for a good reason and that my plans for weight loss have taken off.

They haven't. The weight I lost over the summer I have managed to re-gain due to some personal issues. It hasn't gotten me down though. Even if I can't get my weight down to what I would like I can still be comfortable with myself.

More to come after House. XD  

Aranel-Raina

Starlurk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:15 pm
It takes a few tries to keep on the horse. I know how it is. whee  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:26 pm
Yeah, the maternity clothing is a piss off. Like... seriously. I was looking at grad dresses when I was 17 and considerably less heavy than I am now and I was appalled when I pulled out this dress that was too big for me, it was like... a 28 or so and all it was... was a tubular piece of satin, no shape at all except that it was wider in the middle than the top and bottom.

Good luck! You can do it, this guild REALLY helps.  

Lady Schist

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff