Reply Questing HQ
Time After Time ~ Brize's Soq Quests

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Brize

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:51 pm
Hey there, fellow questers! Welcome to my very first Soquili quest thread. This thread isn't too impressive, since I'm just using it to organize ideas, but some day I hope to come back and make this more flashy.

// [ 1 ] . . . Intro post
// [ 2 ] . . . Malheur
// [ 3 ] . . . Orrery
// [ 4 ] . . . Ophelia  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:39 pm
// [ 2 ] . . . Misfortune is Forever

This soquili is based off of the infamous Hope Diamond! He is a harbinger of bad luck, and just about as emo as a horse can be.

Quote:
.:Edited Regular Soquili:.
Colorist wanted: Any!
Name of horse: Malheur
Owner: Brize
Temper: Pessimistic
Breed: Cursed Diamond

Description(eye color/hair color/hair style etc):
- please follow the hope diamond reference image, to get the shades of blue that I want.
- Eyes should be medium blue.
- Base color of the mane and tail color should also be medium blue.. I would like for there to be many blue-white highlights and a few dark low-lights strewn throughout, to give the impression of gemstone facets.
- The mane style will need to be edited. It's fine if the tail follows the standard braided template.
- Base color of the body should be very dark midnight blue.
- There should be patterns encircling his legs which resemble the wrought iron railing in the reference provided. Also a single emo tear in the same color underneath his visible eye (so tragic!). These patterns should be only slightly lighter than the body color.
- Hooves should be very light blue-white, with highlighting to resemble gemstone faceting.

Reference Image(s):
- railing reference for markings
- hope diamond reference
- long emo hair

Which stage you want them to start as?: Adult
Default accessory color(s)?: No default accessories please.
Tag Frame/Feather color: Whatever the colorist thinks is best.
Hair/Clothing edits:
- a couple of strings of small white diamonds, looped loosely around the neck. This shouldn't be a complicated edit, and can look more like glimmering lines than actual jewels.
- the Hope Diamond itself (blue gem surrounded by small white diamonds), tied to the top of his tail.
- mane should resemble very long, scruffy emo hair. See the reference above for basic cut. I would like it bigger, longer, and messier! Volume is key.

Brize

Brize

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:02 pm
// [ 3 ] . . . Long Time Coming

Quote:
.:Uni Soquili:.
Colorist wanted: Any!
Name of horse: Orrery
Temper: Neurotic
Breed: Timepiece

Description(eye color/hair color/hair style etc):

Base - What I want is a Soq based on the face of the Prague Astrological Clock! Exactly how the colorist interprets that request is up to her. I like seeing what colorists can come up with on a theme. The more intricate the patterning and symbols, the better. See the reference below for the colors and style that I'm looking for.

Hooves - cloven, and colored dark blue-grey (the same shade as in the reference)

Eyes - salmon (the same shade as in the reference)

Mane and Tail Hair Coloring - dark blue-grey with fine gold streaks

Tail Style - Tail should be the regular unicorn type; ie. the "lion tail" with the tassle.

Mane Style - Hair should be done in a continental braided style. Examples of this can be found in my reference image. One very long forelock should remain unbraided, and hang down over his left eye (the eye that cannot be seen by the viewer on the lineart), reaching almost to his knees.

Horn - A sharp, metallic golden spike.

Ornamentation- I'd like to show off the very coloring on the fur itself, so I don't want much in the way of ornamentation. A pair of iron and light-gold bracers on his front legs would be nice. One bracer could have a gold sun symbol on it, like the sun symbol on one of the two major clock hands. The other bracer could have a dark circular moon symbol, to reference the other major clock hand.

I think it would also be fitting to have a small, matching bracelet marked with a small six-pointed star and looped around the end of his tail, just before the tuft of hair begins. That would reference the final major clock hand.

Reference Image(s):
-prague astrological clock
-another pic of the clock
-Continental braiding reference. I'd be interested in braiding either like the middle picture, or the left one. The exact nature of the hairstyle should be up to the colorist. I trust the shop staff's sense of style!

Default accessory color(s)?: No default accessories.
Tag Frame/Feather color: Whatever the colorist thinks is best!
Hair/Clothing Edits: mane, bracers on forelegs, horn, bracelet on tail.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:00 pm
// [ 4 ] . . . Until We Drown

Quote:
.:Edited Regular Soquili:.
Colorist wanted: Any <3
Name of horse: Ophelia
Temper: Moonstruck
Breed: Shakespearian

Description (eye color/hair color/hair style etc):

- hair color should be a subdued, greyish straw-blonde.

- eyes should be a shocking black. I'd like for the area around her eyes to be very dark, almost as though they're sunken. See this reference for an idea of what I'm looking for.

- I'd like the coloring on her body to have a murky, muted water theme. Darker at the bottom, with hints of green and gathered water-lilies. Fading to lighter at the top, with the grey-blue touched by a little bit of sunlight.

Reference image(s): - Ophelia Portrait

Default accessory color(s)?: No default accessories.
Tag frame color: Whatever the colorist thinks looks best.
Tag feather color: Whatever the colorist thinks looks best.

Hair/clothing edits:

- I would like for a torn, transparent, gauzy white cloth to be looped around her neck several times. It is worn like a scarf, but was probably once a piece of elaborate clothing. It should look slightly wet.

- The cut of Ophelia's hair should be based on the Ophelia Portrait reference. Mane and tail should be tangled, wet-looking, and high-volume. Ivy and flowers should be woven throughout, like in the picture. It would be nice if she was wearing a sort of flower/ivy "crown", but it's not necessary if it doesn't look good on the horse lineart.

Brize

Questing HQ

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff