Morte d'Arthur

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wordstreamer~Nifty Fairy~

Festive Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:08 pm
I think that's how you spell it. (by Sir Thomas Malory.) But, my question is, does anyone know a good way to find it for a reasonable price? Preferably w/o getting it online, because then there's the annoying shipping/handling costs...... I need it for an independent study 'm doing in school, and all of our libraries around here are extremely cheap. I live in a tiny area, one that doesn't go in much for the classics, so..... Finding a copy would be nice. The closest I've come is finding an excerpt of the ending, I'm still looking, but if anybody can come up with any suggestions, they'd be appreciated.

I'm NOT asking for help, for what it's about, or anything. *considers post*

Although, of course, if anybody HAS read it, and wants to discuss it here--have at it. I'd probably do the same AFTER I find a copy.

So, if you have any ideas--please and thank you. If you just want to talk about it, have at it. Either way.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:01 am
It looks to be on sale pretty cheap here.

Although Amazon.com's selling it for $7.95.  

Nuala

Marlaina

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:20 pm
unless your library is hated by every other library in the country you should be able to get it on "inter (intra?) library loan" where it gets borrowed from another library for a period of time

i got a book from Pasadena, CA this summer that way... and i live in NJ... turned out to be a really bad translation of a really great book that i couldn't bring myself to finish... but it was really cool anyway...  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:34 am
I read it through interlibrary loan as well. That and Lady Francesca Speranza Wilde's* Mabinogion (a book of Welsh tales from the... lemmee look this up... Red Book of Hergest) made for a rough, but interesting, semester's background reading in college. Also some great ideas for games (I was really into D&D at the time.)

*Oscar Wilde's mum.  

Harbone

Wordstreamer~Nifty Fairy~

Festive Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:45 pm
*very belated response*

Thanks for the popular suggestion. I'll do that....... When I get around to returning the books that I have out from my library...... I think that if I didn't have friends who worked there, they'd ask for my card back.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games