Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
100 pounds in 243 days(sour's diary)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think I can do it?
  Yes
  No
View Results

her_sourness

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:14 am
Hi, I'm new to the guild and really happy that i got accepted.

2 months ago I left my grandparents hom in Valparaiso to live in california so my dad could continue his job with my family around. I weighed 260 and I had planned to use my time near the beachs and the boardwalks to excersize more and get a job to help that.

Well, things went very very bad very very quick. My dad's boss lost his mind and attacked one of his employs, almost got nailed on white slavery charges, and tried to convince my dad to abandon his family so they could continue the bussiness over seas.

We ended up staying a motel six in the ghetto for two months, me and my brother shareing a bed and sharing a room with my parents and the two dogs. All we had was a cooler and the food from the burger king in the parking lot next to us, plus the neighborhood was sketchy enough that I didn't like going outside. I basicly sat on the hotel bed for two months strait, and when we finally got back to my grandparents house, I had gained 10 pounds.

So after realizing that was ridiculously close to 300lbs., the weight my mother had been at for 12 years, resulting in severely disabling back trauma*two crushed discs* and a near constant deppression, I decided that there was no more. No more weight gain, no more sitting around doing nothing, no more eating when I get upset or bored. I'm done, I'm tired of the weight and I'm losing 100lbs. before the year is out. I don't care if I have to sware off chocolate for a few months, thats better than getting diabetes and never having it again.

So, I'm going to use this thread to keep myself strong and resolute about this, even when things get rough again. I will reach my goal of 170lbs. before new years day.

BIG GOAL:

Be 170lbs by the end of this year; 243 days from now.

User Image

Short term goals:

Lose 30lbs every ten weeks, the first marker being 240lbs by July 12th.

User Image

Lose 3+ pounds every week until I reach my goal:

User Image

---

Rules:

No pop unless I eat out.
ABSOLUTLEY NO touching the scale until the end of each week. I'll drive myself mad.
Feed myself. No starvation, no avoiding food if I'm actually hungry.
No binge eating. I get a cookie craving, without being hungry, i do something else.
No filling boredom and/or emotions with sweets.
Cut down on the sweets. Limit to once or twice a week if that.
Cook more actual meals to cut down on convenience food.
CARROTS, APPLES, BROCCOLI, BRUSSEL SPROUTS< all the goodness I enjoy as much as possible.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:28 am
May 2nd:

So this is my first steps toward my goal. I'm mostly nocturnal, so I've decided to turn that into personal excersizing time. My grandparents have comcast so I can use the cardio workouts they have on demand to work some lazy out of me.

I've also taken the step to not drink pop unless we go to a sit down resturant. It'll at least break my habit of a few cans a week.

I thought about walking to the fairgrounds today to push in some extra activity, but unfortunatley, it started to rain just as the sun was coming up. Ah well, maybe it'll clear up later....
*thunder*

Maybe not...

Either way, It just means I do more indoor cardio.

I've calculated I should lose at least 3lbs. each week if i want to reach my gal, but a temporary goal is to get myself active enough that I lose 5+ pounds a week.

The only thing i can think of to change about my eating habits is to make more meals instead of quickie food, but it's such a pain with my grandparents. It doesn't matter what i cook, they always complain and refuse to eat it. Then they ask for their chocolate popsickles and frozen chocolate milk and peaches and cream thing while I scrape the meal I made into the trash.

BAH

Yes, i'm bitter about the meals, but if it gets me healthy, i'll do it more...

her_sourness

Groovy Spleen
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:06 am
5lbs a week is an extrmemely lofty goal.
You need to burn approximately 3500calories to lose a single pound.
Also, studies also show that the slower, around the 2lb a week mark, is the best for keeping weight off long term.

I have a really great site you should try out, it helped me a ton, and there is sooo much support there from other people going through (or who HAVE gone through) the same struggles.

I totally recommend it.

www.sparkpeople.com  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:40 am
I know it seems like much, but I have to aim high or I won't keep myself moving. I plan to loose 3lbs. every week as a base goal, anything after that is awesome triumph on my part but I won't let it kill me to miss two pounds when just 3 pounds a week will get me 20 pounds more than what I'm aiming for.

Anyway, thanks for the recomendation, I'll have to check this site out...  

her_sourness

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:15 pm
That's a good idea, what you did with the gold counters, lol. I wouldn't have thought of that! But if you want, theres another website that has weight loss trackers. 3nodding Here it is if you want: http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:56 am
What I did to cut back on soda, (for myself cause I'm a carbonation addict) is whenever I went out to eat and I chose how much soda I had, I'd fill the glass completely full of ice and then put the soda in.

Then I'd try to drink it slowly and when everyone was ready to leave it went in the garbage no matter how much was left.

It was hard sometimes ^_^;  

Starlurk

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces