Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jose Rizal Mercado

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:41 pm
Sesshomaruka
We'll im half filipino.
i've been the the philippines once, i don't really like it ><
i'd rarth be an american asian, the be full, cauz i can barley live in the philippines .__.

but if i were chinese(actually i have some chinese in me xD), jap, or korean, i think i would like their ways of living better then the way of living in the philippines.

Traidoress. Im half too but I have faith in my country.
China and Japan are ancient nations.
While the Phil is just 62 years old (We wer granted independence from America only a short while ago)

In our 62 years of existence we have accomplished much and I have hope we can progress some more.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:26 am
Tourists don't annoy me. I just hate ignorance. Though sometimes they really didn't mean to offend anybody. I am Chinese and my heritage traces back to the Southern region of China but I wasn't raised there but I've been sent to China to learn the language and it's been a year now... I'm still in Beijing. And I can say, it's a nice place just not somewhere I'd like to live.

There's no biases on me. Once Chinese people look at me, I'm just another one of them. I know that when it comes to foreigners, it's a different story though. I have an American classmate who has been living in Beijing for about 5 years now. And he had his bike stolen at least 5 times before he gave up and just bought a car. And if you're white, people tend to flock to you more because they think you're a tourist.

They also overprice things when it comes to the free markets when you're white. Earrings that would normally be offered to me for 15RMB (which is like.. $2.17).. to a white person, it would be offered at about 100RMB ($14.00)... =/ Not all of the shopkeepers are like that, if you're smart and know how to bargain with them, you'll get the price you need despite skin color.

I don't have any plans on ever going to the US.. so, I'm pretty content where I am. In Asia where I almost get no racist biases.

Iseru Dryves

5,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Citizen 200

xLoveMiXx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:01 pm
I agree with the original post that started all of this. I was learning about the immigrant experience in America...and there really is an identity issue with immigrants, not only Asians. You can see a lot of identity struggle and finding ones heritage and placei n society in the Joy Luck Club and various other books written by immigrant and minority authors. If you are asian..be it Chinese, Taiwanese, Japanese...if youre born in America...waht do you become? American?..or your nationality? When you go back to your heritage's origin...can you stop being American? These are all questions those of us born in America struggle with. It's a very legitimate question of culture and self.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:32 pm
I'm Hmong & Hmong people don't have a land of their own. But where they came from, I do not want to go visit it at all. But I'd love to visit any other part of Asia. But I don't get it, why do the Asians in Asia Dislike American Asians?  

Xia Rocks Your Butt

Reshoku

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:14 pm
Azn Fcuk
Really? When I went to China with my school, everyone tries hassling you to buy something. It never occured to me that Chinese people hate Americans. (I'm from Canada, similar enough in the sense that we're foreign in China) They don't care as long as they can get your money.

Thats true but they are like people all around as well they serve u just for ur money not cause they care for u. got to know that  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:14 pm
i'm from thailand but i have blood as japanese and chinese also.
I was raise in thailand and its a beautiful country.If you are american and you go to thailand,people will love you,they will try to have convasation with you and welcome you with a warm heart. heart  

sea-rover

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces