Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians
Veg*n-ism and Magick

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Evil Karma Angel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:54 am
Okay, so I'm a Wiccan and a Vegetarian. In Scott Cunningham's book Wicca in the Kitchen, he says that not eating meat often alter's a person's psychic and magickal senses. (Lucky us, he doesn't include the magickal properties of meat in the book. 4laugh ) Anywhoo, I was wondering if there were any other Witches out there that have found that their senses were heightened when they stopped eating meat, or lowered when they accidentally digested some (hey, it happens).

Personally, I've found that my ability to sense energy was greatly intensified and when I ate meat, I could no longer remember my dreams (which I usually can do). Any one else?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:46 pm
My ability to experience empathy in terms of being able to feed off of another's emotions greatly decreased after going vegetarian. However, other things, such as my skills as a healer, increased tremendously,

After going vegan my ability to 'read' a person's energy improved drastically as well, any my spiritual awareness was greatly heightened. I am much more aware of both my own energy, as well as the energy around me. When I accidentally eat animal products, it seems to put a little 'block' on this ability, and makes me feel groggy and icky.

I am not Wiccan, but I am a pagan nonetheless, and am very much aware of how what one eats can affect one's spiritual capabilities. heart  

DreamerSpirit

Kasumi Ocada

Smitten Citizen

6,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:28 pm
Interesting...  
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:37 am
To Dreamer:
Your empathy ability decreased? Wow. I suppose that I should count myself lucky, as my only "powers" are to heal and to feel energy. I know that those are both things that can be learned, but I've had them since before I even knew what Wicca was.  

Evil Karma Angel

OregonLoveShaman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:12 am
I'm Pagan Taoist, and I do believe becoming a vegetarian in 1973 increased my ability to sense and communicate with consciousnesses that aren't life-based. Going vegan in 1982 further improved my perceptions.

I wonder if Dreamer's experience of reduced empathy had something to do with iron? For many ovo lacto vegetarians who overdo dairy for the protein, iron levels can be pretty low in 4 to 6 months. And this is particularly something that hits those women for whom animal proteins increases the thickness of the menses. It's a common story in vegan circles where somebody had anemia on a meat-centered diet, it gets worse on an ovo lacto vegetarian diet, but clears up on a vegan diet. For myself, it was after I began taking an iron supplement in college that I began noticing my ability to sense and communicate with consciousnesses that aren't life-based....  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:30 pm

What is consciousness that isn't life based?

loony x lovegood
Crew

OregonLoveShaman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:57 pm
There are ancient energy dynamics in the land that have some consciousness. They can be especially felt in certain spirit places.  
Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games