Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Music Artists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

A musician's guild! 

Tags: musicians, music, instruments, bands 

Reply The Music Artists Guild
When Artists Create Something New & Original...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bloody Ocean Romantic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:48 pm
What do you do to keep yourself original in music?
Do you become influenced by various genres unused?
Do you choose another subject to write about?
What do you do?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:36 am
well, everyone has his/her own "original", like I love to insert bass solos and instead of doing only roots, I like to add the 2nd, 4th, 5th, 7b and octave in one chord.
mostly, you are influenced by your favorite artists and somtimes don't realize that. If you like Les Claypool you will add a lot of trickey slap parts.
subject is the hardest thing to think about, after lyrics. At some point you will be inspired by something [like after listening to your favorite band, looking at a painting and stuff like that].
You just write it down. I had the same problem untill every thing came out in one splash, and I wrote my very first [and probably last] metal opera. It was in my head for like 7 months and i couldn't write it down, untill I played it. Play than write.
These are my tips. hope you'll find them usefull wink  

the4thcroock

Kaio-Leucitius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:38 am
Try to expand you influences. find some music you like and find music like it, disect the parts of the songs. make music that sounds good to you, completely let go of your idea of rock and what music should be. start off simple with an open mind and mold it into what you want it to be over time.

i guess, experiment  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:06 pm
I listen to a lot of different styles of music which tends to influence what I like to write. I never sit down, though, and dictate to myself what I'm going to write that day. I'd rather just let things flow out. Luckily I have plenty of instruments in my studio to keep my inspired.  

theshaggyfreak

Newbie Gaian

mdwallin

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:19 am
theshaggyfreak
I listen to a lot of different styles of music which tends to influence what I like to write. I never sit down, though, and dictate to myself what I'm going to write that day. I'd rather just let things flow out. Luckily I have plenty of instruments in my studio to keep my inspired.

+1 razz

I write about whatever is affecting me at the moment, I wrote about a stupid cold I had the other day, its quite good. Ive written a whole score for it razz  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:20 pm
I remember where I came from. I still listen to the bands that got me started playing and continue to find bands that I've never heard before but pull something out of me. alternate tunings, primarily open D.  

Space_Monkee

LupieCheekynEeter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:06 pm
When you listen to lots of different kinds of music, you become influenced by each style and many people end up incorporating what they hear into their own music, their own style, making it original.
You make music original by bringing messages you think are important into it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:59 pm
Well, i play differently than most and use what ive learned. i use bluegrass chords for dissonance and progressive ployrhythms. Like Thordendahl and the like.  

SalnNjor

The Music Artists Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff