16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
let the guild master choose
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

pspyxz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:05 pm
hey guys!.. i juz wanna suggest a music battle.
anyone who writes their song and play any instrument should battle.
like submit their songs url or something and the guild master will be the judge of it!.
how bout that?
cause i am a writer and player myself so why not take a chance to see if our music is good or not?!..  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:40 am
since i'm a writer and a player too: A-B-S-O-L-U-T-L-Y-!-!-!
this would be so much fun and inspiring to listen to other people's work. great idea!  

the4thcroock

Space_Monkee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:28 pm
ooo. . . a head cutting contest. . . so to speak. that would be interesting.  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:38 pm
Sounds like it would be fun. I'd be game.  

Dead to karma

Tungska Butterfly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:59 pm
Me too. But how do you set it up? Would you say, be given a specific key or style or lyrics that you had to write the song around? They have to have something in common, otherwise it's just a show of whose song the judge prefers, there's no competition involved.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:44 pm
battle sounds sweet but whats this about url? couldn't you send in your lyrics and have them posted as in top 3 winners? whee xd  

xXRayneT-TxX

Nyanfood

Sparkly Lunatic

7,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:12 am
We had something like this before. I was here when they established the musician-of-the-month sort of thing. I think it died...

REVIVE IT!!! DO IT! AAAAAH!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:13 pm
you should post youtube vid then put them up on the guild.  

i_am_sonic

Andrew Babcock

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:45 am
Plu_04
battle sounds sweet but whats this about url? couldn't you send in your lyrics and have them posted as in top 3 winners? whee xd

Do you realize of how easily someone could steal those lyrics then?
Making a video of everything is the only way that you can actually claim and protect your own lyrics, unless you have a full band and get popular around the area you live.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:46 am
Tungska Butterfly
Me too. But how do you set it up? Would you say, be given a specific key or style or lyrics that you had to write the song around? They have to have something in common, otherwise it's just a show of whose song the judge prefers, there's no competition involved.

Then where'd be the excitement of getting to know the people who do it and how would fans of a particular genre build up?  

Andrew Babcock

The Local Bat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:08 am
It sounds neat in a way, but I agree with Butterfly that it's difficult to pull off without it simply being about preference.

I think it might be interesting to have a particular chord sequence and rhythm and compose a melody around it, as it would be interesting experiment, in a way, to see how similar or dissimilar the melodies are.

I'm not particularly one for competition in the arts, but I would participate in it if it were something like that out of interest in seeing different takes on the same idea and to contribute my own, even if it were judged.

Except I can't really do You Tube at the moment. Can't we just use recordings and have an honor's system? I mean, technically if we have no photos on our pages or anything we could just post a link to someone else's video as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:42 pm
I have a link to my myspace music profile on my signature and its up dated a lot so I cant promise its my best work ( its mostly demos for my small fan base) , sometimes its just stupid s**t.  

Airborne_scout

The Music Artists Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff