View Results

C h e r r yADE xx

6,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:17 pm
Definition from Wikipedia.

Gestus is an acting technique developed by the German theatre practitioner Bertolt Brecht. It carries the sense of a combination of physical gesture and 'gist' or attitude. It is a means by which "an attitude or single aspect of an attitude" is revealed, insofar as it is "expressible in words or actions."

If you don't understand that heres a example I know of.

for someone to show that they are a high class servant of some sort, they would put one arm behind their back, in a right angel shape. And the other arm outstretched in another right angel, with the hand stretched out to look as if they were carrying a tray of something.

Right, I have a problem. For one of my drama pieces, my group cannot think of a form of Gestus to show both peasants/poor starving people and posh upper class people.

It's really important that we do this as we don't have enough people to play either Peasants or upper class people.

We really need suggestions

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:45 pm
Hm... well for the posh people you could always have them keep their noses high in the air, and do little hand flicks at the peasents when they walk by or whatever.
The peasents could be looking down ashamed, they could beg for money, they could rub their bellies to signify hunger...
Hope I helped.

What an interesting drama class. Is that how it always works? You learn a method of acting and then put on a piece as an example of it?  

FrenchieGirl

Advice & Academic Studies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff