Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you know she wrote books??
  Yes
  No
View Results

Quilue Lamia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:19 pm
(I think that this is in the right place? It's fantasy and it is about a book, however if I've miss-placed it or it's a bad topic, feel free to get rid of it!!)

I was just wondering if anyone had ever read Julie Andrews books? I own one of them, called 'The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles.' It's more partial towards a younger audience. Nonetheless, I'm always one for a funny, fantasy book. Even if it is a very light read.

The Whangdoodle was once the wisest, the kindest, and the most extraordinary creature in the world. Then he disappeared and created a wonderful land for himself and all the other remarkable animals -- the ten-legged Sidewinders, the little furry Flukes, the friendly Whiffle Bird, and the treacherous, "oily" Prock. It was an almost perfect place where the last of the really great Whangdoodles could rule his kingdom with "peace, love and a sense of fun"-- apart from and forgotten by people.

But not completely forgotten. Professor Savant believed in the Whangdoodle. And when he told the three Potter children of his search for the spectacular creature, Lindy, Tom, and Ben were eager to reach Whangdoodleland.

With the Professor's help, they discovered the secret way. But waiting for them was the scheming Prock, who would use almost any means to keep them away from his beloved king. Only by skill and determination were the four travelers able to discover the last of the really great Whangdoodles and grant him his heart's desire.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:19 am
I looked this up on Amazon.com because I was curious about the author name. I was thinking of Julie Andrews the actress. Why does it post her as both Julie Andrews and Julie Andrews Edwards? Weird.

Anywho, looks like a cute book.  

Wissakins

Quilue Lamia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:38 pm
I think because when she's posted as an actress she's just Julie Andrews? But as an author she's Julie Andrews Edwards? However, I'm not entirely sure.
Either that or she isn't sure which one she wants to be. haha  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:56 am
Oh so it is the actress? I had no idea she was writing now. Wonder if the name change is to try to keep her acting and her writing lives separate. Or maybe adding an extra name makes her sound more sophisticated. lol  

Wissakins

Quilue Lamia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:46 pm
Yeah, sorry I didn't mention that she was one in the same! It would have saved you some trouble.
She's been writing for awhile I think. And I do believe she got married?? So that's probably the reason for the extra last name.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:13 pm
sounds like a younger childrens book like second to fifth grade  

murphyad

Quilue Lamia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:47 am
It really is!! haha.
But if you really want a quick, easy, fun read it doesn't matter at all.
(Plus, I just love Julie Andrews and couldn't resist reading something she'd written.)  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:11 pm
A Whangdoodle? I think this might be a....bit....below my reading level...yea.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

Quilue Lamia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:51 pm
Okay.
Seriously though....
I'm 19 it's not like I'm 5 years old. It's not like its a one page book. And its rather funny. Yes it may be under most people's reading level, But if you cant read a uselessly funny book now and again than maybe you're just to rigid.
ugh  
Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff