Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
>.<...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kay-VW

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:58 pm
gonk I need help.... are there ways to keep yourself from eating to much/eating unhealthy snacks.

Ive been trying to cut back on how much food I eat... Well, I might have just ruined that, I just ate half a box of donuts sweatdrop Any ideas on what to do?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:52 pm
Keep the junk food out of the house. It's a lot easier to resist it at the store than it is in the kitchen. If other people in the house want to have junk food, ask them to hide it. 3nodding  

__penguin__
Captain

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:56 pm
Break it up into bits. If you order pizza, order smalls. If you buy chips, put them into smaller ziplock bags.

Get some healthy things that are like snacks.  
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:36 pm
...pure willpower?

stare I know it sucks. When you are in a house with nothing BUT junk food this is the worst test ever.  

Aranel-Raina

ol_evil_eye_Riddle_box

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:59 pm
Aranel-Raina
...pure willpower?

stare I know it sucks. When you are in a house with nothing BUT junk food this is the worst test ever.

I know what you mean. my mom, since I was a kid, has limitless sweets and junk in the house. Before I didn't even know it was bad, that's why I am the way I am, but now, gah, it is so hard not to eat it sometimes. But it really is best to use will power, not much else you can do.  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:21 am
__penguin__
Keep the junk food out of the house. It's a lot easier to resist it at the store than it is in the kitchen. If other people in the house want to have junk food, ask them to hide it. 3nodding

What helped me a lot was whenever I felt the urge to eat junk food. I'd eat an apple, carrot sticks, WHATEVER. Anything with little to no fat. Munching isn't bad, most diets involve lots of little meals instead of just 2-3 regular ones. Try to fill up on healthy food FIRST, it's easier to resist the junk food when your not hungry. Then if you still fail, you'll be full faster and likely wont eat as much of the junk food; Give it at least 15mins though, it takes a while for your brain to tell your stomach that you're not hungry

Oh ya, almost forgot. Find something to occupy you. Anything. When I'm busy, I often don't feel hungry. A couple days at school I've been so busy I didn't have time to eat, and I never felt all that hungry cause I was just so busy. On a canoe camping trip I packed plenty of food cause I figured I'd be extra hungry. I actually ate less than usual. When I go skiing, i've sometimes actually FORGOTTEN to have lunch, I was just having so much fun. Sometimes you FEEl hungry, but it's just boredom or lack of fun.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games