Julie Kenner

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ever heard of her?
  Of course!
  No, should I have?
  I'm sorry, I don't really care. I just want gold.
View Results

Wissakins

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:09 pm
I just bought a book by her that I didn't even know about. It's titled "The Good Ghoul's Guide to Getting Even." I have this huge stack of books to read and I keep putting off reading this one because I'm anticipating it so much. lol

Her other stuff has been good (Aphrodite Series, Demon killer series) but the thought of a vampire chick in high school just amuses me non-stop.

Oh, the Aphrodite series is romancey, but the demon killer series is about a soccer mom. So if you haven't heard of either, but like to try new authors, I hope that will help you decide where to start. I'll post about the teenage ghoul book after I've read it.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:31 am
Oooh, I think I've heard of the demon killer one. Is it the one with the weird title, something to do with California? I looked at that a year or so ago, and almost bought it, but there are just too many other books that I want more. Is it a good series? What's it about, besides the main character being a soccer mom?  

NightIntent
Captain

Wissakins

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:46 pm
I just recently read the first one, Carpe Demon. Its about a soccer mom who used to be a demon slayer. She's put all that behind her and settled down but her family doesn't know about her past. Then one day a demon happens across her while she's shopping and comes to her house later to attack her.
So she has to start fighting them again. But she's trying to balance being a mom, wife, and demon slayer without her family finding out. Which is hard because her husband is going into politics and there are constantly people around. I loved the book. It was really well written and I couldn't put it down.
The one with California in the title is the 2nd or 3rd one. I don't have the others yet. I will have to order them off the 'net because the local bookstore doesn't carry anything of hers.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:49 pm
Carpe Demon. Okay. I'll look at it again when I go to the bookstore next.  

NightIntent
Captain

Wissakins

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:12 am
Finished "Good Ghoul's Guide". It wasn't bad at all. It was an easy read because its intended as a young adult book, but it did make me want to hunt out the sequel. I could kind of identify with the main character, which is always nice.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:02 pm
All right. I bought Carpe Demon today. I have no idea when I'll read it, but hopefully within the next month.  

NightIntent
Captain

Wissakins

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:24 pm
I hope you like it. I'd hate to recommend something and then have you hate it. xd If you dislike it, let me down gently! lol  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:29 pm
All right. I just finished Carpe Demon. I liked it. A lot. It took me less than 24 hours to read, which, given the amount of homework I should be doing, is a farily short time. My favorite line:
"DEMONS! THEY'RE EVERYWHERE. IN OUR TELEVISIONS. UNDER OUR BEDS. IN MY RICE CRISPIES. SNAP CRACKLE, THEY SAY. SNAP CRACKLE!"
Eddie is funny~

I kinda saw the Larson thing coming, though. It was sorta obvious, after a point.

And I have to admit, I really don't like Stuart. He just annoyed me throughout the whole book. I'm not even sure what it was about him. I liked pretty much all the other characters, though.  

NightIntent
Captain

Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces