Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Everything For Everyone Guild (EFE)
Sara is stranded in Hong Kong. :[

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SapphireSara3
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:52 pm
So.. my family & I went on a trip to the Philippines & first we had to stop at Hong Kong. The first flight was supposed to be 16 hours, and the second like 2ish. My friend and I sat next to this really weird guy who was apparently going to the Philippines to meet some asian girl 20 years younger than him that he met on the internet. He was so weird and the entire time he talked to us about the strangest stuff. Then, there was this screaming baby in the seat behind us that wouldn't shut up and he woke up everybody on the scream.
We were approaching Hong Kong and we wre so excited because we couldn't wait to get off. (... and I couldn't sleep at all on the plane so I've been up for like more than 30 hours.... So we are right above Hong Kong but apparently there are lots of flights so we have to circle around waiting in line to land. We do that for like and hour and a half, and finally we start to go downwards. We're like 30 ft. above the ground, but the pilot wouldn't land because there was a typhoon in Hong Kong and so we just sat there looking at the TV screens that suddenly went from, "1 minute remaining" to "7 hours and 36 minutes remaining."
My friend and I are so exhausted, and yet I can't sleep at all so I taking sleeping meds and still cant sleep. stare After like 20 minutes, the captain finally announced that we had to land in Taiwan because it was too dangerous to land.
So.... It takes us like 2 hours to get there & then we land and we're in the middle of the airport and there aren't any gates open. We wait there for 3 hours, and the guy next to us gets sooo pissed. He's only visiting for 3 days so he gets into a fit, screaming at the flight attendants and then some guy who works for the Chinese government comes to try to calm him down, and luckily we got to use his phone.
We waited so long on the plane clueless, with people throwing up everywhere & we've been on the plane for over 24 hours.
They told us we were going to go to a hotel in Taiwan & they would pay, but then we ended up going back to Hong Kong.
We finally arrived at like 3 am in Hong Kong time (and I still haven't slept for like ever.) Some agent comes and swicthes our boarding passes to new ones, that leave at 8 am.
So... now we're at Hong Kong & we tried sleeping on the floor but that didn't work out to well. For all of that what did we get? $50 (HK dollars which isn't much) so we decide to get food. One place is open, and they have three items that are all disgusting. So I found Wi-Fi here and that's what's up now.
We're not going to sleep until we get on the plane & I probably won't be able to. The flight is 1 1/2 hours and we get there at 10 am & we're going to have to survive all day without sleeping... God I'm pooped.
I want to sleep.... but I can't D:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:48 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image{ D:
Wow.
I'm sorry Sara.
I hope you get some sleep.
I mean, being deprived of sleep sucks.
D:
}User Image

User ImageUser Image  

TillxGone
Crew

Dangerous Lover

Ayersi

Popular Sex Symbol

8,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:50 pm
haha nice topic title xd
o: That must suck being on the plane for that long =.=

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:46 am
Yes, we finally got here!!
I don't feel alive at all today.
I think it's because I took sleeping meds and I slept for one hour when you really should sleep for like 7 hours or more.
I keep forgetting what I'm doing and it's so weird.
But it's cool here. biggrin
The people's house we're staying at is awesome... They have a pool, pool table, and so much stuff. & 12 kitties! >w<  

SapphireSara3
Vice Captain

Penciled C o o k i e
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:56 am

[applesauce.]

User Image
Wow, that's one heck of a story.
I don't travel.

Only times I've been on a plane was twice when I went to visit my aunt in Seattle and once on a trip to Korea.
>.>;

[applesauce.]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:09 am
i've never been in a plane sweatdrop  

oO-Buggie-Oo

BizPlaya

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:54 pm
Oh that really sucks. I'm always on business trips in Hong Kong and China, and I, too, have been stranded in a place before. That is why I try avoiding transfer flights or flights that have "stops" in between.  
Everything For Everyone Guild (EFE)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games