Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Muscle or fat?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LadyImpish

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:50 pm
Are there any accuarate ways of determening the difference between muscle and fat?

In the past six months my weight has gone from 127 to 142, then settled in between. (130 or 139.) My clothes fit no differently. (Though some of my summer clothes are looser.) I don't notice any new cellulite. But I don't think I gained any muscle tone either.

A friend tells I probably built some by now. (I typically do 50-200 crunches a day, and 2 hours worth of fast walking/stationary biking. Usually atintervals. Daily.) But Fitness magazine argues that woman so seldom gain ONE pound of muscle a month, much less 12 pounds in 6 months!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:36 pm
i think there are things you could have done, like body scans, things where they put you in a tub and measure your density or something, but they're likely to be expensive. You could probably use the "pinch method" (i dont know what this is actually called xd ) where you pinch your skin, and measure the distance between what you are using to pinch with (e.g. between your 2 fingers)

Im sorry that that's not so clear >.< If you have a gym you can ask there, they will know about the pinch thing xd  

Iconised Ghost

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:22 pm
It may be core muscles that you're building, don't worry too much if you gain weight, worry if you gain inches.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games